Author Topic: NEW INFO ABOUT LTBBQ....MUST READ  (Read 70034 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: NEW INFO ABOUT LTBBQ....MUST READ
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 08:33:12 PM »
I thank you for taking the time to post this. It feels good to see that our efforts to create a truly open minded community ( different than just a "forum" ;)  are working and that new members get the opportunity to see and experience the difference in the LTBBQ family - vs - other places. Not knocking any other forums - hey I am a member of several myself. I do not believe that ALL knowledge can exist in just ONE location - let alone within one person, or a "cult of personality" clique.
We are glad you found us - and remember - we grow the site mostly by word of mouth invitation. If you know someone with our interests in cooking - and you feel that they might make a good neighbor...then - invite them to join us.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline hikerman

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »
I am still new here, although I have already gotten excellent answers, suggestions about my pellet smoker quest and I have made my choice and posted that info.   Once I get my smoker/grill, I hope to be just as enthusiastic to others and help the next newbie the same as I have been helped.  Having said that, I had asked for membership in only two pellet smoker forums.  LTBBQAM and the other I will not mention.  I was thankfully accepted in both.  I think I have only posted a total of two questions.  I posted the exact same two questions respectfully on each forum.  What a difference in responses here on LTBBQAM.  Evidently, I am not allowed to mention a certain vendors name, from which to purchase a pellet smoker, on the other forum!  However, that same named vendor along with the three others I was asking about, are all appropriate here on our forum.   I am positive I will be buying products of some sort from all four of the vendors I had asked about.  They are all fantastic.  I have since requested that my account be deleted from the other forum.  It seemed like a very good forum to have belonged to but the response I got about having mentioned one particular vendor was uncalled for.  That particular vendor is highly respected and recommended, along with the other three on my list, here at Let's Talk BBQ and More.  This Forum is truly a cut above in respecting others.   I will not attempt to become a member of any other forum.  I do not need a response back to me about this post.   Just wanted to let everyone know what a great job you do in answering people's questions.  This truly is a Family & Friend's Oriented Community Forum.  Like chatting at a cookout about what interests us, no matter what vessel we cook on, there is something very good to appreciate about each one.

Well said and as a fellow member here, I agree 100 % with you. Now...let's get some cooks posted from you partner!

Offline Pappymn

NEW INFO ABOUT LTBBQ....MUST READ
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 09:03:34 PM »
Wait till he finds out what LTBBQ "and more"  means. Right around when we pass the hat for bail money :)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline batman1984

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »
I do appreciate the "family friendly" atmosphere here. I knew that If Tom Horsman said this was a great place, I had to try it out! I do believe I will  be back many times!
Batman1984

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 06:25:06 PM »
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.