Author Topic: PBC cover cracking  (Read 6267 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: PBC cover cracking
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 08:18:07 PM »
Let's allow Noah and Amber a fair opportunity to address the questions about the cover for Monte. Good companies are constantly searching for ways to improve their products, whether they are cars, computers...or cookers.
And - in that process, we all decide when to buy - based on the product being produced at that time. I think we all have had the experience of buying "XYZ" - then they come out with a new model next week :D. That, is just the luck of timing. SO, Pleas do not make an assessment about "blame". Allow the manufacturer to address this issue with a cover directly with their customer first.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 09:31:26 PM »
They have upgraded their cover since the first one and it is much more heavy duty..............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline 70monte

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »
I still have not heard from either Noah or Amber but it is a weekend so that is probably why.  I would also like to say that I have never put the cover on the PBC while it was hot or even warm.  It has always been the next day when the cover goes back on.  Since the cooker sits under the carport, I don't feel the need to get the cover on it as soon as possible.

I'm not even asking them to replace the cover or even blaming them for it cracking, I just want some reassurance that if I do buy another cover for it and spend the kind of money I did for this cover, that it is not going to start having problems in only a year.  To be honest, I have had cheap covers from Walmart last longer than a year before they start cracking.

Wayne
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 11:08:58 PM »
By no means did I want you to feel I was pointing at you  in a negative context with my comments. I have seen threads that comments get going further and further - before allowing the company to respond - and...hard feelings occurred. All for nothing. Folks formed opinions before there was even a fair opportunity for a "fix" of any kind.
So, that is why I always recommend contacting the vendor/manufacturer first - then give them enough time to respond - before we start discussion threads. Misunderstandings are quick to occur and slow to heal ;D.... Just want to see that you feel you get fairly treated - as well as give the same opportunity to PBC. ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 06:45:26 AM »
Tee is correct....I am surprised you didn't a call. I have talked to them both and they are some fine people. I had a little problem with my PBC when I first got it, thats how I ended up with the cover. I'll bet when you do talk to them they will make it right.
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline 70monte

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
I didn't start this thread to bad mouth PBC.  I started this thread to find out if other people were experiencing the same thing I was.  I'm not upset or feel negatively toward Noah or Amber because my cover is cracking.  They didn't make the cover so there is no reason to be upset at them.  I'm not upset about it anyway as there is more things in life to worry about than that.

As for them not contacting me yet, It was a holiday weekend and today is a holiday so I'm sure that is the reason.  Maybe the email I sent didn't go through.  If I wanted a quick resolution or even felt it was that important, I would have called vs using email.  I just didn't feel like it was that important of an issue for them to address on a holiday weekend.  It is something that can wait.

Wayne
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
No worries Wayne. I understood your posts, and really just did not want anyone else to feel we need to jump to a conclusion just yet. They will get back to you I will bet money.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 06:47:36 PM »
I am sure you are in for a happy ending to this cover cracking problem. Noah and Amber take customer service very seriously  :) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »
Hi,
     I bought a PBC cover in August of 2014.  My PBC sits under a large carport that has sides so it's not in direct sunlight or gets any direct moisture on it.  I discovered the other day that the cover is starting to crack on the top part of the cover in several places and the entire cover feels brittle and dried out.

For those of you who have this cover, have you experienced this with your cover within a relatively short time?  I have other covers on my other grills that go 3 or 4 years before this starts to happen.  I have contacted PBC about it by email but was wanting to know if other people were having this issue.  Thanks.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, I have emailed you back quite a few times since the 9th. All messages are being bounced back with the following error :
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error.

The following address(es) failed:

dimirsky@ipa.net
    host mx3.mindspring.com [207.69.189.219]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<sales@pitbarrelcooker.com> SIZE=8257:
    550 IP 162.254.252.124 is blocked by EarthLink. Go to earthlink.net/block for details.

Give us a call, our direct line is on every PBC. Thank you!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
and there you have it. Noah and Amber will never let ya down  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline 70monte

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
Hi,
     I bought a PBC cover in August of 2014.  My PBC sits under a large carport that has sides so it's not in direct sunlight or gets any direct moisture on it.  I discovered the other day that the cover is starting to crack on the top part of the cover in several places and the entire cover feels brittle and dried out.

For those of you who have this cover, have you experienced this with your cover within a relatively short time?  I have other covers on my other grills that go 3 or 4 years before this starts to happen.  I have contacted PBC about it by email but was wanting to know if other people were having this issue.  Thanks.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, I have emailed you back quite a few times since the 9th. All messages are being bounced back with the following error :
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error.

The following address(es) failed:

dimirsky@ipa.net
    host mx3.mindspring.com [207.69.189.219]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<sales@pitbarrelcooker.com> SIZE=8257:
    550 IP 162.254.252.124 is blocked by EarthLink. Go to earthlink.net/block for details.

Give us a call, our direct line is on every PBC. Thank you!

Thanks for the reply.  I don't know why my email would not let a response come back in since I get emails from you.  That is how I knew that you were introducing your new ash catcher.  Anyway, I probably will call you tomorrow after work.  Thanks again.

Wayne
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »

X2 on that !!!
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

X2 on that !!!
X3 for sure!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #