Author Topic: Quick Sunday Cook  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Smokin Papa Steve

Quick Sunday Cook
« Reply #-1 on: August 08, 2016, 04:37:17 PM »
An Aldi supermarket opened near us and was selling spare ribs at $1.74 per lb so I could not resist.  Since only smoking one rack I used the grate and they turned out pretty good.  Chicken drumsticks and veggies were made on the PK Grill

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Quick Sunday Cook
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »
Very nice looks great!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:09:52 PM »
Very tasty looking cooks!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:12:41 PM »
We get our ribs from Aldi's and they are meaty.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »
I've done the Aldi thing with my wife, can't say that I've ever saw or considered buying ribs there. I will look next time. the only store that I know that you have to put a quarter in to get a shopping cart. In all fairness you do get it back when you return the cart.  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Smokin Papa Steve

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 12:09:53 PM »
I've done the Aldi thing with my wife, can't say that I've ever saw or considered buying ribs there. I will look next time. the only store that I know that you have to put a quarter in to get a shopping cart. In all fairness you do get it back when you return the cart.  :)

Aldi are opening many stores here in South Florida.  Shopping carts were available without any quarter deposit :).  The ribs were marked fresh never frozen which attracted me.  But when I had them at home I noticed a label stating "contains up to 12% water/salt".  However when taking out of the Cryovac, there was very little liquid and tasted just as good as any Restaurant Depot product.  At a $1.74 a lb, a great deal.  By the way, Aldi owns Trader Joes so you will see similarities in the stores

Offline Baby Back Maniac

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 05:26:21 PM »

Aldi are opening many stores here in South Florida.  Shopping carts were available without any quarter deposit :).  The ribs were marked fresh never frozen which attracted me.  But when I had them at home I noticed a label stating "contains up to 12% water/salt".  However when taking out of the Cryovac, there was very little liquid and tasted just as good as any Restaurant Depot product.  At a $1.74 a lb, a great deal.  By the way, Aldi owns Trader Joes so you will see similarities in the stores

I did not know that. I knew they used to be the same company and then the brother's split up over some disagreement (regarding cigarettes, I think.) Interesting that they bought the back.

We love Aldi's. I keep an "Aldi Quarter" in the cup-holder of my car...Pretty sure getting the cart with that quarter is the highlight of the trip for my son. lol.

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 09:13:06 PM »

I did not know that. I knew they used to be the same company and then the brother's split up over some disagreement (regarding cigarettes, I think.) Interesting that they bought the back.

We love Aldi's. I keep an "Aldi Quarter" in the cup-holder of my car...Pretty sure getting the cart with that quarter is the highlight of the trip for my son. lol.

Wow! The Aldi we go to in Central Florida "The Villages" and the one in Wisconsin allrequire the quarter deposit. I thought it was am Aldi thing maybe that's changing. Trader Joes? Sorry I have a hard time seeing any similarity there.  Maybe that's all changing  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL