Author Topic: Looking at a MAK  (Read 3877 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Looking at a MAK
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Thanks.....I have watched MAK grow thru the years because of their quiet reserved, focused design and engineering. A lot of companies go out of their way to "advertise" like many others. WE owners really are their best advertisement ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »
I have seen a 1 star in person a while back in San Bernardino. The quality is off the charts good. I would buy one sight unseen. MAK is the best, nothing comes close.

As a MAK owner, I can say that smoke pretty well summer it up! Don't hesitate to give MAK a call with any questions you may have.

<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline KyNola

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
I owned MAK #27, meaning I purchased the second MAK sold to the public.  I purchased it completely sight unseen after speaking with Bob Tucker, the owner of the company, several times.  I told him I would take a chance based solely on our conversations and he had better be telling me the truth "because if you aren't I am going to be your worst nightmare".  I went on to say "if you are telling me the truth I am going to be your best friend".  Without hesitancy he replied "you're going to be my best friend".  He was absolutely correct.

I now own MAK #829.  That's how much I love a MAK grill.

You won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:26:32 AM by KyNola »

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:52 PM »
My second smoker was a MAK and very glad I made the jump.  :thumbup: :thumbup:
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 10:52:09 AM »
I owned MAK #27, meaning I purchased the second MAK sold to the public.  I purchased it completely sight unseen after speaking with Bob Tucker, the owner of the company, several times.  I told him I would take a chance based solely on our conversations and he had better be telling me the truth "because if you aren't I am going to be your worst nightmare".  I went on to say "if you are telling me the truth I am going to be your best friend".  Without hesitancy he replied "you're going to be my best friend".  He was absolutely correct.

I now own MAK #829.  That's how much I love a MAK grill.

You won't be disappointed.

Back in the day Larry (2011) I bought my first MAK 2 Star because of the reviews and cooks you were sharing with us on a different forum. I too bought mine sight unseen because of you and a few other guys ...
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »
Thank you to all of you for your positive comments about MAK Grills. We are truly humbled by your praise and recommendations to others looking to become part of the pellet grill world.  It's our goal to continually bring innovation to the pellet grill world. We never stop thinkin', researching and developing new features for our grills.
Sincerely,
All of us @ MAK Grills.
Owner MAK 2 Star #26 & 2638
First MAK Grills employee

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 12:23:20 AM »
I not too long ago made the jump into pellet grills never having any experience with one previously and had handled fondled very few in person on a show room. Had done tons of research and really wanted a MAK, 1* but wasn't quite there $ wise. I waited a bit and got the funds together and took the plunge. One of the best purchases I have made in a long time! Quality is top notch, made in the USA!, food came out incredible and their service has been great.

Trust me and everyone else here, you can't go wrong with a MAK! They aren't cheap and neither are the accessories, but everything is of the highest quality and will last for a long time to come. Quality isn't cheap, but buying cheap can be expensive in the long haul.....quality in, quality out!
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline Harriska2

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 07:12:19 PM »
This is embarrassing but we used up at least 45 minutes of their time yesterday in Dallas. I liked the Mak 2 because it has more stainless on the body and stainless shelves along with the direct grill set. But the cost ... with property taxes coming up it just isn’t in our cards.  They ship for free though! Not sure how the grease plate goes into the little box, should of asked that. It is obvious they thought about cleaning and maintenance by allowing the metal parts to lift out easily and to include hand holds.

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 01:40:31 PM »
Harriska2---Thank you for coming to our factory showroom and looking at our award-winning grills. We'll still be here after you pay your property taxes, and there will be a MAK with your name on it.  :). It is always a pleasure to show our grills to prospective purchasers. And you don't need to be embarrassed about the time you spent with us, because that's one of the best parts of our jobs, talking about and showing people our grills.

We look forward to welcoming you to the MAK Grills family, whenever that occurs.

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
I like to say, "Once you go MAK, you never look back!"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
I like to say, "Once you go MAK, you never look back!"

Yup............and................they are Maktastic  8) 8)   
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32