Author Topic: Beef Shorties...  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Beef Shorties...
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
What about brining beef ribs to tenderize - would that work ?

I've never needed to do that.  Mine have always been melt in your mouth good, just like these were ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Kona

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 08:13:08 AM »
What about brining beef ribs to tenderize - would that work ?

I dry brined mine overnight
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline viscera912

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »
I smoked for 2.5 hours, wrapped for an hour then unwrapped for 30 more minutes. Generally beef ribs need to be cooked well past done to get them tender. These were pretty darn tender.
[/quote]

are you suggesting instead of going for "temp" just let em go until if feels like knife could go through like hot butter?'

ive done the shorties and its a hard cook, ive never tried your way though, just curious when you thought,  "ok yeah its time to pull them"?

Offline Kona

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
I smoked for 2.5 hours, wrapped for an hour then unwrapped for 30 more minutes. Generally beef ribs need to be cooked well past done to get them tender. These were pretty darn tender.

are you suggesting instead of going for "temp" just let em go until if feels like knife could go through like hot butter?'

ive done the shorties and its a hard cook, ive never tried your way though, just curious when you thought,  "ok yeah its time to pull them"?
[/quote]

I've never checked temp on beef ribs, I've always gone by probing the meat. From amazingribs... "And they must be cooked well past well-done, waaaaay past well-done in order to tenderize them".
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC