Author Topic: Mod for the SRG (w/smoker box) & the BEESR  (Read 10278 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Mod for the SRG (w/smoker box) & the BEESR
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »
Hi TMB.  I have a silly question.   What size drill bit did you use for the holes?   I don't want to make mine too large or small.   Thanks in advance!
I forgot but I'll look at my notes when I get home tonight and let you know
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
Hi TMB.  I have a silly question.   What size drill bit did you use for the holes?   I don't want to make mine too large or small.   Thanks in advance!
I forgot but I'll look at my notes when I get home tonight and let you know

BUMP!!!

Waiting for answer. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline madhatter

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »
Well I'm testing the new mod right now as I type this out.     So far it's going good,  not sure how much more smoke it will add or if it will do as I want but that's the fun and y'all are going to read it as it happens  ???  Scary ain't it  ;)   

Since the new SRG and the BEESR have a hard time of keeping the smoker box going I thought I would fix the issue since CharBroil won't

So here is the start of the new mod.........

First remove the box handle from the box then remove the lower bolt. Now that the unit is in three pieces drill for holes in the fron cover and six holes in the smoker box it's self then put the unit back together. 

It's filled and running on setting 15 now , good smoke so far and none out of the holes.  I was thinking with possitive pressure I would have some leaking smoke but so far so good.

Will post in a few mins now that the unit is at 10 setting (i'm doing the 15-10-8 method) to test with

[attachment deleted by admin]

why did the admin delete your pictures?
Margaritaville Tailgate grill (the best)
BEESR
TBE
22" Weber Kettle (3rd one)
Grill2Go Ice (Red)
Turkey Fryer (propane) unused
Lodge & Camp Chef Cast Iron grills, griddles and pans
Camp Chef Explorer II stove
Camp Chef Ultimate Turkey Roaster Cast Iron Pot unused

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:48 AM »
Well I'm testing the new mod right now as I type this out.     So far it's going good,  not sure how much more smoke it will add or if it will do as I want but that's the fun and y'all are going to read it as it happens  ???  Scary ain't it  ;)   

Since the new SRG and the BEESR have a hard time of keeping the smoker box going I thought I would fix the issue since CharBroil won't

First remove the box handle from the box then remove the lower bolt. Now that the unit is in three pieces drill for holes in the fron cover and six holes in the smoker box it's self then put the unit back together. 

It's filled and running on setting 15 now , good smoke so far and none out of the holes.  I was thinking with possitive pressure I would have some leaking smoke but so far so good.

Will post in a few mins now that the unit is at 10 setting (i'm doing the 15-10-8 method) to test with

Cleaning up the forum took pictures off that were not from hosting sites such as Photo Bucket and so forth. This freed up ban width and saves $$$$ in the long run 
If you would like to see the picture P.M me Ill be happy to show them .   

Tommy
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline slyest

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »

Cleaning up the forum took pictures off that were not from hosting sites such as Photo Bucket and so forth. This freed up ban width and saves $$$$ in the long run 
If you would like to see the picture P.M me Ill be happy to show them .   

Tommy
I would like to see what you've done also. My SRG is relatively smoke-free and I would like to change that. If you wouldn't mind throwing in a pic of your whole set up (i.e. the holes in the grill and the movable lid), I would appreciate it.
10 holes..that's it? I can do this.  thanks Tommy.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Hold off till I get my test done Pam. So far so good but there is another mod i'm going to add to help make it cook better.  ;)

Here is 35 mins into the test hard to see but that smoke coming up from the smoker box

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »
Here are the pictures of the smoker box before and after drilling the holes

Ill try to get the other pictures soon

Tommy

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:23 PM »
Ahhhh,now it makes sense! Pics a 1000 words.Thanks again Tommy,you are my SRG inspiration for sure!That mod coming asap because as it comes,that smoker isnt much to write home about.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 01:57:48 PM »
Tommy are you adding more holes to the inner chamber as well or just letting it go up and around through the gas vents into the lid?

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »

We have made the announcement a few times, but - I think that many of us forget that when you upload photos to LTBBQ - that means that he site "hosts'' them. It requires extra bandwidth. If we all did this - we would go over our bandwidth limits with our hosting service.
SO - we strongly...STRONGLY recommend that you post your pictures on Photobucket, Picasa, or any dedicated photo hosting site - then, copy the IMG link - and paste it to you post on LTBBQ.
This way - the photo hosting site is still hosting the photo, and it does not impact our bandwidth costs.
Every 90 days or so - we have to review the bandwidth usage, and will usually  have to "trim" ( delete ) any photos that are hosted here because they are not hosted by a dedicated photo hosting site.
If you have further questions about posting pictures so that they remain viewable - please post those, and one of the Admins. or Moderators will see that you get assistance with this.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline rmarsh67

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 02:30:38 PM »
Hello, I am new here, but was wondering how to get pictures of all the SRG modifications.  I can remember seeing them previously but my mind needs refreshing, getting old.  Thanks.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »
Hello, I am new here, but was wondering how to get pictures of all the SRG modifications.  I can remember seeing them previously but my mind needs refreshing, getting old.  Thanks.
I sent a PM to you
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker