Author Topic: Different pellets and amount of smoke  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Pappymn

Different pellets and amount of smoke
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »
So how much does Pappy pay for his monthly dues these days??   He must work part time to be able to hang around here   :0

( he did confess that a 2nd mortgage may be in order to keep up his payments.... ;) :D)
Picked up an extra paper route. I'm on solid ground
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline rwalters

Different pellets and amount of smoke
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »
The Memphis will  get up to 650 and grills great but I use my weber kettle with grill grates for searing stuff.  When you get a pellet grill  up to 650-700 (elite) a lot of things get very hot.  The handle you have to use leather gloves to open.  I use my mak and WSM for smoking stuff.  The elite only comes in 304 and the pro comes in 304 & 403 stainless.  I owned a elite for a while.  Way, way too much grill.  You burn a lot of pellets with the elite.  I could own any pellet grill I want.  I own a mak for a reason.
I’m glad you shared this...biggest reason I’d ever switch to a Memphis is for the higher temps... but your experience kinda takes away my Memphis itch. I too have a kettle (26”) w/ GrillGrates. It’s a killer grill!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:33:15 AM by rwalters »
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)