Author Topic: Cooking time help  (Read 669 times)

Offline jt2134

Cooking time help
« Reply #-1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »
Thinking about have having a get together this weekend. I would like to do ribs and maybe a brisket. I have cooked 4 racks of ribs at once with no problem. They took about 3.5 hours if I remember correctly. I am thinking of doing 6 racks and a full packer. I am thinking maybe cook the brisket first and then the ribs. Or should I try to cook all of it at the same time? Has anyone tried something similar to this cook? If so about how long did it take for you. I am trying to get an idea of how long of a cook time I am looking at.
Thanks.

Offline Kona

Re: Cooking time help
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »
I've not done a brisket before (dying to) and my ribs take me no more than 2.5 hours. That's the time i find my St. Louis cut ribs are done with that perfect bite I love. I would imagine you could do the brisket first, then do the foil, towel, cooler method like pulled pork to keep it hot for the length of time it takes to cook the ribs. I've had my pork butt stay hot for 4 hours wrapping it that way when it's done.
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline jt2134

Re: Cooking time help
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »
Thanks. i am thinking I will go that route. I have only cooked with the PBC a couple of times and don't wont to overload it.  I am sure it could probably handle it, but don't want to chance it.