Author Topic: 11lb Turkey?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline IdahoLegend

11lb Turkey?
« Reply #-1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »
Wife got an 11lb turkey for me to do either today or tomorrow. I understand pulling it at 165, but can anyone give me an idea of approximately how long it will take to get there in my PBC? It will be running around 300 degrees, most likely. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Smokin Papa Steve

Re: 11lb Turkey?
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »
Wife got an 11lb turkey for me to do either today or tomorrow. I understand pulling it at 165, but can anyone give me an idea of approximately how long it will take to get there in my PBC? It will be running around 300 degrees, most likely. Thanks!

All proteins are not created equal so keep that in mind.  I would allow 3 hours and pull it at 161 or so as it will continue to cook after being taken off.  If ready earlier than anticipated, just put a foil tent on top to keep it warm.  Good luck

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »
Don't have the PBC but I do like turkey so I will be looking for the description and pictures of your cook. :)
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline IdahoLegend

11lb Turkey?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »

All proteins are not created equal so keep that in mind.  I would allow 3 hours and pull it at 161 or so as it will continue to cook after being taken off.  If ready earlier than anticipated, just put a foil tent on top to keep it warm.  Good luck
Thanks!

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »
We have great videos on our website at www.pitbarrelcooker.com that can offer guidance for approximate cook times. You can see a printable version of the video beneath the video that is running. The turkey in our Holiday Turkey video is about 10lbs. You can see the video here: http://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/videos/holiday-turkey. Enjoy!