Author Topic: So, how did you get your start?  (Read 69864 times)

Offline 70monte

Re: So, how did you get your start?
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2018, 09:58:22 PM »
I don't really remember any grilling or smoking going on when I was growing up.  After getting married at age 23, I ended up getting a habachi and then a cheap Brinkman smoker that I used as a grill.  We later got a cheap gas grill.

I got divorced in 2004 and it wasn't until 2007 that I got serious about grilling by buying a 22" Weber Kettle and then it got crazy with me buying several other Kettles and then getting my first Performer in 2009. 

In 2011, I bought my first real smoker, an 18" WSM.  Then I bought another used WSM, other Weber grills, and an Old Smokey grill.  I then bought a used PBC and used that quite a bit.

In 2016 I went a little crazy and bought a PK classic and then a Good One Open Range.  I then ordered and received the PK 360 when it came out.  A few months later I bought a Good One Marshall and then later in the year an old 60's model Hasty Bake.

This year I've only bought one grill and it's the other PK 360 I just bought.  I guess I've bought two if you count the new PBC barrel and lid I just bought.

I've taken four bbq classes in the past year and have learned a lot plus a lot of trial and error cooking.    I enjoy this hobby and hope to get better at it as time goes on.

Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline rwalters

So, how did you get your start?
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2018, 10:48:55 PM »
I don't really remember any grilling or smoking going on when I was growing up.  After getting married at age 23, I ended up getting a habachi and then a cheap Brinkman smoker that I used as a grill.  We later got a cheap gas grill.

I got divorced in 2004 and it wasn't until 2007 that I got serious about grilling by buying a 22" Weber Kettle and then it got crazy with me buying several other Kettles and then getting my first Performer in 2009. 

In 2011, I bought my first real smoker, an 18" WSM.  Then I bought another used WSM, other Weber grills, and an Old Smokey grill.  I then bought a used PBC and used that quite a bit.

In 2016 I went a little crazy and bought a PK classic and then a Good One Open Range.  I then ordered and received the PK 360 when it came out.  A few months later I bought a Good One Marshall and then later in the year an old 60's model Hasty Bake.

This year I've only bought one grill and it's the other PK 360 I just bought.  I guess I've bought two if you count the new PBC barrel and lid I just bought.

I've taken four bbq classes in the past year and have learned a lot plus a lot of trial and error cooking.    I enjoy this hobby and hope to get better at it as time goes on.
Nice story! Boy, you don’t mess around or hold back when you find something of interest...lol.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline 70monte

Re: So, how did you get your start?
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »

Nice story! Boy, you don’t mess around or hold back when you find something of interest...lol.

I guess you are right.  I'm still interested in the M1 like you used to have but have resisted the temptation so far.
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline rwalters

So, how did you get your start?
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2018, 10:33:03 PM »

I guess you are right.  I'm still interested in the M1 like you used to have but have resisted the temptation so far.
Proud of you...lol!!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)