Author Topic: Photobucket or Other Hosting site  (Read 264 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Photobucket or Other Hosting site
« Reply #-1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »
I am not ready to give up on Photobucket yet. I was just in and made a post with some pics from it I uploaded and I think they are close to getting back to normal.

I was in and looked at DropShots as Smoker Pete suggested. I went in and checked it out and the free version only gives you up to 500 photos.

Photobucket gives you so many megs. I have over 6,600 photos there now and only 54% of my free memory used. If they don’t improve there are other options that I will look at. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: Photobucket or Other Hosting site
« on: October 28, 2016, 01:15:42 AM »
I'm using Google Photos (formerly picasa), WITHOUT all the other Google Plus junk.

Google photos is a no-frills option, but if you don't mind your photo size being limited to around 800 X 600 pixels, you can select the "High Quality" option (when you setup your account) and you get unlimited free storage.  Since I never upload images bigger than 800 X 600 anyway,  this option works perfectly fine for me.

If you want your original photo size to be retained, select the "Original Size" option and you get 15 GB of free space and buy additional space if needed ($1.99/month for 100 GB).

<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68