Author Topic: Tee's Surgery  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Tee's Surgery
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »
True story Gus: The first nurse's aid - who was obviously mad at some other man from earlier in the day - said brusquely "Strip off everything and put on that hospital gown!"....I looked at her and asked if she thought I was getting the "special" which must have included a free colonoscopy with  shoulder surgery...? She responded - " No - this is just our policy"... My response - which ended the discussion was "Ain't that special? Well, hon - MY policy is the the drawers stay on if you ain't planning on working my plumbing. And - if the blood from my shoulder cuttin' gets down to my underwear, I will keep them for evidence. ...We clear?" ( My wife just about had kittens, and gave me the stink eye - but that little floozie dang near RAN out of the room, and her replacement was much more flexible about..."policy" ;) ;D thus - I retained my underwear, and a modicum of dignity. Not easy to preserve in a hospital...

So, you mean, you don't drop trow when you're getting a tooth filled ????  I think I need a new dentist ! ! !

Really, a similar thing happened to me a few years ago, with a similar result.  I just told the aide that if that was their policy, that was fine by me, but I would be collecting my belongings and checking out of the d@mn joint.  She went to get the surgeon, I told him the same thing, he told me to keep my pants on ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 09:14:45 PM »
True story Gus: The first nurse's aid - who was obviously mad at some other man from earlier in the day - said brusquely "Strip off everything and put on that hospital gown!"....I looked at her and asked if she thought I was getting the "special" which must have included a free colonoscopy with  shoulder surgery...? She responded - " No - this is just our policy"... My response - which ended the discussion was "Ain't that special? Well, hon - MY policy is the the drawers stay on if you ain't planning on working my plumbing. And - if the blood from my shoulder cuttin' gets down to my underwear, I will keep them for evidence. ...We clear?" ( My wife just about had kittens, and gave me the stink eye - but that little floozie dang near RAN out of the room, and her replacement was much more flexible about..."policy" ;) ;D thus - I retained my underwear, and a modicum of dignity. Not easy to preserve in a hospital...

So, you mean, you don't drop trow when you're getting a tooth filled ????  I think I need a new dentist ! ! !

Really, a similar thing happened to me a few years ago, with a similar result.  I just told the aide that if that was their policy, that was fine by me, but I would be collecting my belongings and checking out of the d@mn joint.  She went to get the surgeon, I told him the same thing, he told me to keep my pants on ! ! !

BD

:D :D :D "keep your pants on..."....how fitting! ;D ;D ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2017, 12:13:29 AM »
Hey all after you get to 75+ and any female says drop your drawers your apt to obey without question!!! :) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
Hey all after you get to 75+ and any female says drop your drawers your apt to obey without question!!! :) Don

Different incentives Don.... :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401