Author Topic: Don Bremer (IR2dum)  (Read 3419 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Don Bremer (IR2dum)
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 07:32:42 AM »
Hope you have hip waders.....Stay warm and dry when you can-
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »
If lightning strikes your garage ,k I"ll be able to see the plume from here!   :D

Terry, you better hope that doesn't happen because, if it does, I'll be coming to live with you and Kerry.

Don, come on over! We have a great little one room apartment waiting... It's a tad breezy and the roosters get a little loud in the morning but otherwise it's great.
 For rent you can just have bbq ready in the evening when we get home. Sounds like a win win to me ;D
https://imgur.com/gallery/rUJRH
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »
Terry, thanks for the offer of the one bedroom apartment. Does it come with maid and room service? Will I have to fight the coons and foxes that will be trying to steal your chickens? I can do the bbq every evening. Sounds great.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »
UPDATE:

It's still raining pretty hard most of the time. My drains are still working and I am high and dry. I haven't been able to talk to Capt. Jack, but I think he normally evacuates because he is pretty close to one of the bayous. I'll keep trying to contact him. Houston floods a couple of times a year on average, but this has been the worst I have seen. A lot of people are starting to live in their attic and on top of their roof. Our CBS TV affiliate got knocked off air by flooding in their entire building.

Offline RAD

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »
Stay high and dry Don. When Ivan hit we lost power for over three weeks. That really sucks.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »
Looks like you are in for a few more days of rain.  Good time to be on the high ground with drains that are working.  Hello and good luck to  Captain Jack, he knows that Gulf  and area well.
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »
The Weather Channel was showing some drains that the city(Galveston) had cleaned the week prior to Harvey and they sure work good when free of debri.....................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 03:40:38 PM »
A friend of mine called and asked me if I knew of any restaurant in Houston that was open. I told him that he can always count on Whataburger.

After further review, this looks to be a Jack in the Box.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 09:11:33 PM »
Hope you stay high & dry thru the night Don. Prayers for all in Texas that need help! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:24 PM »
UPDATE:

It's still raining pretty hard. I'm still dry and doing fine.

I finally talked with Capt Jack and he is doing OK so far. He said that he had about an inch of water in his garage, but it hasn't entered the house. I am still worried for him because he lives about a mile from Braes Bayou close the Meyerland area. That is the #1 flood prone area in Houston. Seems to flood there about twice a year. Chances are that the videos of boat rescues you see on all the newscasts are in the Meyerland area.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 03:16:19 PM »
UPDATE:

It's still raining pretty hard. I'm still dry and doing fine.

I finally talked with Capt Jack and he is doing OK so far. He said that he had about an inch of water in his garage, but it hasn't entered the house. I am still worried for him because he lives about a mile from Braes Bayou close the Meyerland area. That is the #1 flood prone area in Houston. Seems to flood there about twice a year. Chances are that the videos of boat rescues you see on all the newscasts are in the Meyerland area.
Take care you guys..thinking about you..saw Capt Jack on FB..he's hanging in there still.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
PROBABLY LAST UPDATE:

It has almost stopped raining here and it looks like we have dodged the bullet at my house. At 9PM last night it had rained 32.88 inches in my area. I did loose power at 2:15AM this morning, but the generator fired up just like it is supposed to. The power came back on at 11:30AM this morning. The transition from Centerpoint power to homemade power was so smooth that my computer didn't even reboot. I finally got cabin fever so bad this afternoon that I had to get out and drive around to see what was going on around me. Apparently everybody was doing the same thing because there was so much traffic in the neighborhood I came back home pretty quick. The Kroger store is open, but they are limiting how many people can go in at one time so the waiting line is about 100 yards long. Luckily, I don't need any groceries. I've discovered a few things around the house that I can improve on to help with drainage. I'm changing a wooden gate to a wrought iron gate so water can flow freely and a sidewalk on the side of the house that is raised up because of tree roots. I'm going to fix both of those problems right away.

I want to thank everybody for all your concerns and prayers, but please don't stop praying for all the people that are in trouble right now all over Houston and surrounding areas. It will be a massive cleanup and repair job. I'm going to volunteer as much time as I can to help as many people as I can. Right now, I know of 11 friends that have high water in their house. As soon as the water level drops, I'm going to help them by cutting the sheetrock up so the studs can start drying out and stripping floors of carpet and wet wood to prevent mold from growing.

Again, thanks everybody.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »
So glad you are ok Don! It is very good of you sir to now help others in Houston!
Bless you and our prayers continue for folks who have taken a beating in this storm.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »
Glad your doing ok partner.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline ACW3