Author Topic: Pre smoking chuck roast  (Read 331 times)

Offline molyneux33

Pre smoking chuck roast
« Reply #-1 on: August 25, 2017, 05:26:37 PM »
Could I pre smoke a chuck roast like a day before without it drying out.? If so, what would be the best way to do it?

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Pre smoking chuck roast
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
I've never tried it that way, but it seems like you could take it to 160º or so and pull it off.  I would suggest catching the drippings if at all possible.  Put the chuckie in an aluminum pan with the drippings, cover with foil, and pop it in the fridge.

The next day, or whenever, add whatever liquid (and possibly peppers/onions for PSB) you were planning add, cover back with the foil and pop it in the oven until you around the 205º mark.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Pre smoking chuck roast
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 12:28:29 AM »
I've never tried it that way, but it seems like you could take it to 160º or so and pull it off.  I would suggest catching the drippings if at all possible.  Put the chuckie in an aluminum pan with the drippings, cover with foil, and pop it in the fridge.

The next day, or whenever, add whatever liquid (and possibly peppers/onions for PSB) you were planning add, cover back with the foil and pop it in the oven until you around the 205º mark.

I like this plan.

BD
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32