Author Topic: Solved my upcoming Photobucket issue  (Read 354 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Solved my upcoming Photobucket issue
« Reply #-1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:43:43 PM »
Like everyone else that either has a Photobucket issue now or will soon I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do cause after all these years of using their service I refuse to be held hostage to their ridiculous demands. Years ago I upgraded to more space for a few bucks but that will expire in 2018.

Since I upload photos to my Blog I thought ... "why not upload the photos I want to use on the Forum to my WordPress media folder? ... My Domain hosting account gives me unlimited disk space. So I tested it and Lo And Behold I'll be darned if it didn't work perfect!!

I copy the link of my photo from inside my Blog (http://xxxxx.yyy) and then click the "Insert Image" icon . I then paste the photo link between the img commands. Appears to work like a champ.

So if you have a blog or domain where you can upload photos you might want to try this out. After all, you're paying that monthly fee to your hosting company anyway. Might as well take advantage of their services.

Here's an example using an image from my blog media folder showing my new GMG Davey Crockett in the box ...

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline DWard51

Re: Solved my upcoming Photobucket issue
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:50:48 AM »
That's a good idea.  They even have a 3gb storage free account.   Might be time to start a blog!!!!

Between work and not settling on a replacement for PB, I've not really been in the forums much lately.  Time to get smoking (and picture taking).