Author Topic: I am loving this cool weather  (Read 928 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
I am loving this cool weather
« Reply #-1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:37:55 PM »
I am so saddened by the events that are happening in Texas and do NOT want to make light of it in any way. With that said, us east of the storm are enjoying Fall like weather. I came home early today, with a severe headache but the weather felt so nice, I had to take the new scooter out for a spin. It was 73° out, a little overcast with a breeze blowing. Absolutely PERFECT riding weather. I've been taking my cheap GoPro knockoff out for the rides lately and it's fun to come home and watch my videos. I am still putting "break in" miles on the bike so I've not gotten into too much mischief with it, but it's a blast to ride, especially on days like today!

Here are a couple of videos of my adventures, both are just snippets of my rides, the camera breaks the video into segments which is nice.

and another from my first camera run

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: I am loving this cool weather
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:00:22 PM »
RG, that was a couple of nice rides. That "knock off" GoPro has great stabilization. I enjoyed both videos.

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
It's an SJCAM 4000, works pretty well for as cheap as it is. I have a ton of mounting accessories and cases for it. It's a good little cam.

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Original-SJ4000-Version-Bicycle/dp/B00VFWJMHE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1503967331&sr=8-9&keywords=sjcam+4000
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Roget

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
Thanks for the ride RG.

It was almost like I was riding my bike. (I haven't been able to ride for quite some time & I really miss the thrill)
Don't you just love those really curvy backroads?  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:25:38 PM »
I'm jelous, I really can't ride anymore due to back and knees  :(   But boy you were right on with the weather you were riding in :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »
I ordered a windscreen to go on the bike, the little one that's on it is okay for low speed country rides but on the interstate I feel like a parachute above 70mph  ;D

I put it on a little bit ago but can't test it out yet due to it being rainy so it'll have to wait. It does look good though!

They say that it's a Transformer :P

Offline Bayoucajun

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »
Yes it was cool, it was called Harvey. Lucky missed most of the big bands. South Louisiana was lucky this time. Our neighbors in Texas pray for them.

Offline RG

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »
Yes it was cool, it was called Harvey. Lucky missed most of the big bands. South Louisiana was lucky this time. Our neighbors in Texas pray for them.

Read the first sentence of my post. It's a travesty and my heart breaks for those folks just as it did when Katrina hit your state. I have a friend who lost his business in that one.

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »
I haven't been on the horse in sometime, hot, raining, and humidity all summer long.
Love to cook and eat

Offline RG

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 03:24:06 AM »
I don't mind riding in the Summer but in the South, it's REAL tough if you're going to wear riding gear. I will admit that I've been stupid and rode just wearing shorts, short sleeved shirt and tennis shoes. I at least had my Helmet on :P

When I wear long pants, boots, riding jacket and gloves, it gets a little toasty. The best thing I did recently was buy a mesh riding jacket with a removable liner. Now, when I am moving, that nice air circulates through the jacket keeping me cool whereas before my old jacket would just cook me, lol.

There is a saying though, dress for the slide, not the ride. I've only got one set of skin!