Author Topic: Smoked Beef Brisket  (Read 16081 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Smoked Beef Brisket
« Reply #-1 on: October 25, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
A full packer brisket that was originally 15 pounds. This is only the 2nd full packer I have done.  The first one was a couple
years ago at a get together at Jaxon’s.

After trimming off the excess fat it ended up being about 12.5 pounds.  It was seasoned with a base of garlic pepper, than I
added Sucklebusters Texas brisket rub and topped it off with Montreal steak seasoning. It was refrigerated for 24 hours.  I
did inject the flat with beef broth mixed with some Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.  I put in on the Grid Iron last night at
10 PM.  I am burning Lumberjack MHC pellets and using the smoke, cook and hold program on the Savannah Stoker controller.
4 hours of smoke mode and then up to 250 to finish.

I wrapped it at 184 degrees this morning and here it is at 202. Probe tender throughout and now it will be going into the cooler
for a few hours of rest.  Total cook time was about 10 ½ hours.

After 6 hours FTC (it was still 150 internal temperature) I cut into it! Extremely juicy and fork tender.

Sliced up some of the point!

Brisket was fantastic with light smoke flavor and an excellent beefy taste. Awesome smoke ring and I did not use the amazen tube
smoker.  The Savannah Stoker puts out plenty of smoke between 160 and 180. I also found that if you put the meat on the smoker
or any grill right out of the refrigerator it helps enhance the smoke ring too. That is what works for me.

I want to also thank Don (IR2DUM) for bringing me the briskets from Texas.

Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: Smoked Beef Brisket
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
Mike that looks incredible.  Beautiful smoke ring - I would love a few slices of that for lunch today.  Nice work!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Smoked Beef Brisket
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »
Mike, I think you nailed it ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man