Author Topic: Does Anyone Own a TEC G-SPORT Infrared Grill Out There ?  (Read 586 times)

Offline Panthur

Does Anyone Own a TEC G-SPORT Infrared Grill Out There ?
« Reply #-1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »
 I am seriously considering on getting a Tec G-Sport grill and was wondering if anyone has any experience with one and could share any info on it please.  Thanks.

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: Does Anyone Own a TEC G-SPORT Infrared Grill Out There ?
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »
I have not cooked on the G-Sport but my Brother-in-Law has a built-in Tec infrared grill (not sure of the model) that I have cooked on several times.  It is a very nice grill but there are a couple of things I didn't like.  1) It cooks REALLY hot - very difficult to get it to burn at low temps so we really have to watch everything and some things can be difficult to nail - like chicken breast.  If I didn't butterfly them they would not have cooked right due to the high temps.  2) I don't like the closed grate as food and grease collect in the grooves and it is hard to clean.

Personally, I like my Weber Summit much better than the Tec.  It is way easier to control the temps and can get it to a much lower cooking temp.

Just my opinion and experience with the one Tech grill I have used.  We did install new burners and igniters at the start of the season and it did not seem to make much of a difference.
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit