Author Topic: I am by no means a pitmaster but.....  (Read 7098 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: I am by no means a pitmaster but.....
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »
Originally I was just testing the waters for interest, that's why I asked. Then the Holidays came so yeah....it got pushed to the back burner. The brisket is thawing to be cooked this weekend but now I am sick with a bad cold. I'll still cook the "unicorn brisket" but the video will have to wait until I can speak. It'll get done soon.

I most definitely can relate to this RG! Wife had the crud then passed it on to me. Been down with it for a week now. Finally starting to get back to "normal"!  ;D Well as normal as I can be.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »
Hope ya' get to feeling better Jason.
And remember, don't take life so seriously, BBQ is supposed to be fun!!
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
Hope ya' get to feeling better Jason.
And remember, don't take life so seriously, BBQ is supposed to be fun!!

I'll be alright, no worries. It looks like I'm going to have to refreeze the brisket and do it later. I tried to go outside and cut up wood and that didn't go so well. I'm sorry for the delay y'all. I'm sicker than I thought. I've got the video project saved so I can pick up where I left off. Hopefully next weekend I can do it, I'm as anxious as the rest of you, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
Originally I was just testing the waters for interest, that's why I asked. Then the Holidays came so yeah....it got pushed to the back burner. The brisket is thawing to be cooked this weekend but now I am sick with a bad cold. I'll still cook the "unicorn brisket" but the video will have to wait until I can speak. It'll get done soon.

I most definitely can relate to this RG! Wife had the crud then passed it on to me. Been down with it for a week now. Finally starting to get back to "normal"!  ;D Well as normal as I can be.

That's how it happened here. My son got it first, them my wife. My dad came to visit and he was already getting sick and left even more sick than when he arrived. I kept joking about how I had not been sick with a cold in years. I jinxed myself. I felt it coming on yesterday and felt like a truck ran me over this morning.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »

That's how it happened here. My son got it first, them my wife. My dad came to visit and he was already getting sick and left even more sick than when he arrived. I kept joking about how I had not been sick with a cold in years. I jinxed myself. I felt it coming on yesterday and felt like a truck ran me over this morning.
Don't ever say anything like that..U did jinx yourself..I have the same thing from my 5 year olds..geezzz..you know you feel bad when the shower wears you out..just sayin .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »
At the Doctors office Wendy works at , they spend the entire day giving out Steroid and "Snot Shots"

It is cold and flu season here in the heart of Texas.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
I haven't had a cold in years. I've had the sniffles a few times but I haven't had a chest cold/stuffy nose/congestion type deal in probably 6-7 years. I guess I had a good run! I may take Monday off if I don't get a grip on the symptoms by then. I should've taken off like everybody else but NO, I had to schedule work, lol!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »
RG, I know how you feel about working on New Year's Day. I have worked almost every single holiday for 45 years. You'd think that with seniority, one could relax a bit and get to stay home and enjoy the festivities with family and friends, but nooo....there seems to be a lot of sicko employees this time of year. So  I'll be freezing my tootsies off in Buffalo doing a little outdoor ice hockey game.

Is ice hockey really a sport? Does anybody even watch? OK, please no cards or letters, I was only kidding.

Jason, hope that you will be feeling better to enjoy the New Year with your family and don't worry about the video. Good video takes a lot of time, energy, and patience. You invest the time and energy and we'll invest the patience. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »
I haven't had a cold in years. I've had the sniffles a few times but I haven't had a chest cold/stuffy nose/congestion type deal in probably 6-7 years.

Alka Seltzer plus night cold & flu, getting a good nights rest always helps
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »
RG, I know how you feel about working on New Year's Day. I have worked almost every single holiday for 45 years. You'd think that with seniority, one could relax a bit and get to stay home and enjoy the festivities with family and friends, but nooo....there seems to be a lot of sicko employees this time of year. So  I'll be freezing my tootsies off in Buffalo doing a little outdoor ice hockey game.

Is ice hockey really a sport? Does anybody even watch? OK, please no cards or letters, I was only kidding.

Jason, hope that you will be feeling better to enjoy the New Year with your family and don't worry about the video. Good video takes a lot of time, energy, and patience. You invest the time and energy and we'll invest the patience. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Don, do me a favor, next time you see my wife DON'T ask her if ice hockey is a sport.  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 02:56:30 PM »
I haven't had a cold in years. I've had the sniffles a few times but I haven't had a chest cold/stuffy nose/congestion type deal in probably 6-7 years. I guess I had a good run! I may take Monday off if I don't get a grip on the symptoms by then. I should've taken off like everybody else but NO, I had to schedule work, lol!

Sounds like you should call in "sick" ! ! !

Get well soon ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RG

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
I did call in sick, lol. To make matters worse I do believe I have food poisoning! Think of Jeff Daniels in dumb and dumber.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »
Daym, food poisoning on top of the crud.......that is just plain evil.  Feel better and take care of yourself.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 11:47:35 AM »
Hi folks, just an update. I have a little good news. I shook the food poisoning bug but I am still sick with the crud, working outside with it has proven detrimental to me as I was getting better and now have regressed. It's hard to do what I do when well and almost impossible when sick. I have rescheduled work I had for today so I could have a long weekend to try and get better. So....no brisket will be smoked until I have this thing kicked for good. I have done a little more with the video, on parts that I can do without exactly having the star of the show involved (yes, that would be the brisket, lol).

Here's my video editing software in action, showing my workspace. You can at least see that I'm trying :P

I will not mention this again until I have a video to show y'all so hopefully that'll be very soon, I'm shooting for NEXT weekend for my date with the smoker then it's just a matter of recording some video, shooting some pics and talking into a microphone. No big deal right?

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »
Take your Time RG, Your Health comes First!  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL