Author Topic: Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Old Dave

• Wood & Charcoal is the only Fuel
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520
« Reply #-1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:48:31 PM »
This original Weber product was introduced to the public in Europe in late 2013 and for some reason, Weber has no intentions of releasing it in the US as far as I know at the present time. I know of many people that have been asking for this accessory but it doesn’t look like it will happen.

When it was introduced, there were a couple of Weber sites in the UK that would sell and ship this unit to the US but both of them no longer do this, The last one I heard about came from Germany thru the Germany Amazon site and was quite expensive. It is a real shame as it is one nice product and will make some great pizzas.

The two pieces in front of the oven are the protectors for the plastic handles on the Weber kettle. Keeps them from melting in this high temp pizza oven.

The hearth stone in this oven is about 15-1/2” in diameter so it can bake a nice sized pizza and in a very short time. Operators manual shows a low of about 6 minutes to a high of about 10 minutes per pie.

This was a two pizza bake with one Pizza Margherita type of pizza and one kinda loaded up pizza with some of the same ingredients.

The manual calls for a full Weber charcoal chimney full of hot ashed over charcoal briquets and then about 30 more cold briquets on top of this for about 10 pizzas or one hour of baking. (Now, old tightwad Dave only had two pizzas to bake so he didn’t add the 30 cold briquets to the top of the fire and the oven didn’t get as hot as I wanted on this bake). High was about 575 degrees on the hearth and I wanted about 700 degrees for my high temp pizzas. Still made a couple of nice pizzas at this lower temp.

My fire just before I added the Pizza Oven.

I let the pizza oven warm up for about 15 minutes.

Temperature got up to about 540 degrees and I loaded the first pizza.

This one baked about 10 minutes and came out nice.

The second one took a little less time at about 9 minutes.

Both pizzas were turned about 180 degrees at about the halfway mark into the bake or after about 5 minutes on the cooker.

I think if I would have used enough charcoal, they should have taken about 5-6 minutes each.

I thought they looked pretty good for my first attempt with this accessory.

Made a nice lunch.
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs Competition Cooking Team

3 Backwoods--3 Big Green Eggs--2 Char-Broils
1 Cobb--1 Original Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker
1 Traeger & 2 Green Mountain Pellet Cookers
1 Genuswine Rotisserie Smoker--2 Hasty Bakes
1 Orion Cooker--6 Webers--Several Homebuilts

Offline RAD

Re: Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:21:03 PM »
Yes they do look pretty good.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Pappymn

Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:36:11 PM »
That looks excellent. Maybe lump might get a higher temp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »
Lookin good! Don't understand why they wouldn't offer it the US, I would think that it would sell well
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Old Dave

• Wood & Charcoal is the only Fuel
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:41:31 PM »
That looks excellent. Maybe lump might get a higher temp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The operator manual says no to lump charcoal....
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs Competition Cooking Team

3 Backwoods--3 Big Green Eggs--2 Char-Broils
1 Cobb--1 Original Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker
1 Traeger & 2 Green Mountain Pellet Cookers
1 Genuswine Rotisserie Smoker--2 Hasty Bakes
1 Orion Cooker--6 Webers--Several Homebuilts

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:45 AM »
Lookin good! Don't understand why they wouldn't offer it the US, I would think that it would sell well

As much as I love my Weber Kettles and Smokey Mountain, I'm very frustrated with the company itself for this very reason.  If you look at the variety of color options, accessories, grate choices, etc. offered in Europe, it's hard to imagine that they are not taking the US market for granted, if not just downright disrespecting us.

It's bad enough that they will not make a Gourmet System Grate for my 26.  After all it would probably take 12½ minutes to reset the computer to design the grate.  They already have the raw material.  Then it would, maybe, take a day to rest the jigs to crank a hundred or so (I'm guessing here, I'm sure that abcbarbecue could tell us, though) just to see if I'm the only person in the country that wants one.  (I'm not, by the way.)

But all of this other (European) stuff is just sitting in their warehouses and could easily be made available to to the US market.  And don't tell me that there's too much competition in the Big Box stores.  Weber has a website and does their own direct selling from it.  How the heck hard would it be to add a few more items - that you already make - to the website and see how many clicks you'd get. 

I mean, look at all the hullabaloo, at least on the Weber specific forums, revolving around the Limited Edition Red Kettle.

Sorry, Tom, Dave, & everyone else, getting off my soapbox now . . . and the pizzas do look great ! ! !

BD
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:24:17 PM by Big Dawg »
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »

As much as I love my Weber Kettles and Smokey Mountain, I'm very frustrated with the company itself for this very reason.  If you look at the variety of color options, accessories, grate choices, etc. offered in Europe, it's hard to imagine that they are not taking the US market for granted, if not just downright disrespecting us.

It's bad enough that they will not make a Gourmet System Grate for my 26.  After all it would probably take 12½ minutes to reset the computer to design the grate.  They already have the raw material.  Then it would, maybe, take a day to rest the jigs to crank a hundred or so (I'm guessing here, I'm sure that abcbarbecue could tell us, though) just to see if I'm the only person in the country that wants one.  (I'm not, by the way.)

But all of this other (European) stuff is just sitting in their warehouses and could easily be made available to to the US market.  And don't tell me that there's too much competition in the Big Box stores.  Weber has a website and does their own direct selling from it.  How the heck hard would it be to add a few more items - that you already make - to the website and see how many clicks you'd get. 

I mean, look at all the hullabaloo, at least on the Weber specific forums, revolving around the Limited Edition Red Kettle.

Sorry, Tom, Dave, & everyone else, getting off my soapbox now . . . and the pizzas do look great ! ! !

BD

Big Dog! I agree 125%! Just doesn't make any sense. And yes you are correct when you say that they are disrespecting us!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 06:41:47 PM »

Big Dog! I agree 125%! Just doesn't make any sense. And yes you are correct when you say that they are disrespecting us!

Yeah, Tom.  All of these are available north of the border:

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC