Author Topic: Pork brisket Bone tips ??? ...a new favorite cut !!  (Read 1490 times)

Offline DoomsmokeBBQ

Pork brisket Bone tips ??? ...a new favorite cut !!
« Reply #-1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:38:18 AM »

Season's eatings ya'll , it's good to post again !! .. awhile back I heard of an awkward rib cut that is part rib tip and the rest is succulent boneless rib meat that slices like beef brisket and goes by the title of " Pork Brisket Bone tips",  I watched it on a rib cook from Mothers BBQ on his youtube channel (great channel by the way if you haven't checked em out!)  and he made an Asian rib recipe using these kinds of ribs and the final result's looked spectacular. I finally came across them at a Walmart and the price was pretty dang cheap, less then 10 American's for what I thought I was just one rack ..and turned out there was actually three up in there, even better I'll say.

What I loved about these is there is no membrane to pull off and there was a lot of meat on each rack , even the smaller one had a good amount so these were going to definitely pretty satisfying. The thing with regular racks of ribs is they simply don't satisfy on their own, like wings ...I need a bucket full to make my belly happy so I always make some kind of other meat to BBQ alongside them like hot links or chicken , these being more meat then bone I was able to enjoy alone in all their porky glory.

The ingredient theme I went with here was the underrated fall/winter fruit, the lovely Fuyu Persimmon. Persimmon's remind me of my mom, growing up I'd always see her chomping them around fall and winter. Grown up now as a chef .. I see these little beauties and a wonderful ingredient to cook with , they pair nicely with grilled & roasted meats , make for great seasonal puree's , sauces and glazes for pork, chicken ,pheasant and even scallops , an old Wolfgang Puck recipe I tried was grilled scallops with persimmon sauce. They are originally from Asia and we happen to have a large Asian community where I live so they are always plentiful  in the farmers markets every autumn/winter season , one my favorite vendors is originally from Hawaii but of Chinese decent and sells some of the sweetest persimmon's around and I was eager to use em with my pork , so I developed a persimmon BBQ sauce prepared with citrus , bourbon and chipotle , it was autumn pig candy that made an excellent accompaniment to the ribs.  The rub also had an Asian element...and that's the addition of Szechuan peppercorn's with some brown sugar.

Smoked at 225 to 250 with Plum wood in my weber kettle straight no foil/butcher paper wrap until probe tender ...these ribs turned out spectacular and an instant new favorite cut to work with. The results of the boneless part of the meat were as rich as succulent as the money muscle on a pork shoulder, the few bones up top made for a nice little nibble ..but as I said the boneless meat was melt in your mouth tender.  Give them a chance yourself if you come across them :).

WeberQ22inch

Offline Jaxon

Re: Pork brisket Bone tips ??? ...a new favorite cut !!
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:17:16 AM »
Yessir...
Those look mighty good from here.
I'll be checking out Walmart for some of those.
With cooks like this one, you should be posting more often.

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Pappymn

Pork brisket Bone tips
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »
Looks like tenderloin. I'll have to keep an eye out for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
Looks outstanding! :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »
Bone tips are good eats. Great job.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 08:04:58 AM »
Lookin mighty Nice!  :thumbup:
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Those look tasty!

I love rib tips, and do NOT throw them away when trimming spareribs myself.  And to think there are some who actually throw them away.  ???
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »
We keep em for the crock pot.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32