Author Topic: LET IT NOT GO UN-NOTICED!!!!  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: LET IT NOT GO UN-NOTICED!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
Wow Tee good job. Merry Christmas everyone
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline rwalters

LET IT NOT GO UN-NOTICED!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
Congrats!! Yes, other forums may have considerably higher numbers, but 2000  “real people” is an impressive milestone... that’s a lot of peeps!! Sooo, question: I see the stats on some of the “other” forums from time to time... and I’ll see info like “we have 5000 members and out of those, 350 are regular contributors to this forum.”  What does that look like for LTBBQ? Out of the 2000 members, how many are regular contributors?  And what determines a regular contributor anyway?  Just curious :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »
First - it is not me...I is YOU ALL that have made LTBBQ work. O.K. - I set up the playground...But if the kids don't want to play on the equipment...it really is not a playground. It would simply accumulate debris, rust and become a junkyard. ;). Thank YOU for using this playground so much that the paint is worn off in places! ;D

@rwalters: You bring up a good question. Unfortunately - there is no one correct or easy answer. The perameters for "frequency" of contribution are not something we have pre-determined here. Not because I hide anything....but because I don't know how :)....and - I did not see any actual benefit.

With ANY large body of "membership" one can expect that a small minority is going to do most of the work. Look at various volunteer based civic mind or fraternal organizations that you may be familiar with.

LTBBQ gains most new members when one of us - tells someone else about LTBBQ. So - I encourage you to invite others.
Thanks!
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »
Thank you Tee for the best playground around......I couldn't think of playing in any of the others..................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 11:42:56 AM »
I have met a lot of friends from the Charbroil forum that led me here by TMB the 1st day.  Still glad I'm here and met so many new ones since I got here.  Bunch of nice guys..just like brothers and a few gals..I'm a diehard.  Glad to be here and a Very Merry Christmas to you all and your families. Pammie  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 11:47:21 AM »
Out of the 2000 members, how many are regular contributors?  And what determines a regular contributor anyway?  Just curious :)

Sometimes I think that such a metric doesn't really tell the story. I think with any such forum you have a mix of members. Some are very knowledgeable in BBQ and offer advice and expertise, some are mad modifiers that helps us get more out of our toys (Tommy, Tom, and Jaxon come to mind), but many come just to learn. So while you need the first two groups to make a successful and interesting forum, it is the latter group where the true benefit and importance of the forum is exemplified. It then becomes more than a bunch of insiders talking among themselves (as a number of other forums have become.)
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »
Out of the 2000 members, how many are regular contributors?  And what determines a regular contributor anyway?  Just curious :)

Sometimes I think that such a metric doesn't really tell the story. I think with any such forum you have a mix of members. Some are very knowledgeable in BBQ and offer advice and expertise, some are mad modifiers that helps us get more out of our toys (Tommy, Tom, and Jaxon come to mind), but many come just to learn. So while you need the first two groups to make a successful and interesting forum, it is the latter group where the true benefit and importance of the forum is exemplified. It then becomes more than a bunch of insiders talking among themselves (as a number of other forums have become.)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
YOU nailed it Gus!
Thus - my appeal to all of you to recruit new members whenever the opportunity affords itself! It just makes us better when we continue to infuse new blood. New ideas and perspectives accompany those new members. ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
Congrats to all! I, for one, am thankful that y'all took me in and made me feel at home! I won't go into my past, but I have had some drama with another forum (not that I was totally innocent) and it really was a shame to have it end the way it did. When I found this place, I was looking for something that felt like my old place did in its heyday. I was looking for a new home, and I found it. Many thanks to all of you!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »
Ya, it's pretty cool here.  There is a lot of good bbq ppl here.  Mucho knowledge for all different types of bbq and other interesting things. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66