Author Topic: New Wood Pellet Smoker Cookbook Question  (Read 549 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
New Wood Pellet Smoker Cookbook Question
« Reply #-1 on: December 20, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »
Would you be so kind as to provide me with your feedback on a topic for a new wood pellet smoker cookbook that you think would appeal to the wood pellet smoker and grill community?

As many of you may know, my first cookbook: The Wood Pellet Smoker and Grill Cookbook, has been a qualified success. My publisher, Ulysses Press, informed me that as of October they have shipped approximately 15,000 copies of the cookbook. It's routinely in their top 10 weekly sellers. It's still not too late to pick up a copy for yourself or your favorite pitmaster on Amazon (http://amzn.to/2DjiunZ). Many of our Forum Members have bought the book and their reviews have been greatly appreciated.

As such I have been contacted by the Senior Acquisitions Editor of Ulysses Press about writing a second wood pellet smoker grill cookbook. My first smoker book was a dedicated book to wood pellet smoker and grill recipes but for a follow up cookbook they are thinking of a wood pellet smoker cookbook dedicated to a type of food. Their initial thought is for me to write a cookbook dedicated to "wild game" ... elk, deer, Jerky, sausages, turkeys, bison, wild boar (pigs), bear, goat, moose, antelope, rabbits, doves/pigeons, quail, ducks, geese come to mind.

I suggested maybe a wood pellet tailgating/RV cookbook ... but unfortunately other books in the tailgating/RVs market have pretty low sales records. Maybe a high end gourmet cookbook: Beef Wellington, Crown Roast of Lamb, Grilled Salmon Steaks, Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Grilled Lobster Tails, Crab Cakes, Stuffed Chicken Breasts just to name a few. Not to mention fancy desserts, breads, appetizers, etc. ... but again their experience shows that a gourmet cookbook might be the wrong angle. Let's face it - they're the experts here and I trust their judgement.

So please give it some thought and provide me with your ideas. No ideas are too far fetched ... What type of wood pellet smoker & grill cookbook would you like to see and buy? The only wrong idea is the one that's not suggested.

Thanks for your help
Pete
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG