Author Topic: Placement of your cooking equipment & your guest seating  (Read 712 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Placement of your cooking equipment & your guest seating
« Reply #-1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:50:28 PM »
I am curious on how everyone organizes their outdoor cooking entertainment area

We have a four season sunroom off of our kitchen with a table that sits eight. Outside of the sunroom we have a small cooking patio with a cold water sink. Down a ten foot path we have a table for six & a table for four on a patio.

There is also a cocktail table in the sunroom that can seat six more in picnic style. Add in a three person outdoor bar we can sit three more.

On the main cooking patio we have our Sears four burner grill with side burner & now the weber 22 kettle grill. It also can hold the big easy as this is our party prep & cooking area. It is away from the guests but I do have a seat there plus my pride & joy two seats from the Cardinals old stadium in Saint Louis. This keeps the smoke away from people as well as it has a direct path to the stereo & kitchen.  In short it is out of the way of people.

But for small groups I plan to put my 18.5 inch Weber on the dining patio down below. This is great because at times i want to cook right next to our guests for small gatherings.  It also can supply heat long with our fireplace in cold weather. We also take out our pizza oven & put that on the dining patio as pizza should be made next to the table & guests IMO.

So i guess what i am saying is at times with small groups I like to cook with guests but at large parties I like not having to talk with 25 people surrounding me lol. I feel we have the best of both worlds.

the one thing I would love $$$$  is an overhang over the cooking patio so that in the rain I would be dry lol.

I would love to hear how you all do it,
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Placement of your cooking equipment & your guest seating
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:50:42 AM »
Heck....we just spread newspaper out on the trunk of that '63 Chrysler that is mostly covered in Kudzu (gotta check under it and run off the hound dog and her fresh litter of pups...)......roll a dozen or so old tires around to there...stack up for seats. Then, take the weed eater and cut a path from the house to our (Chrysler) "Imperial Picnic Table".

Then, gotta round up the goats and pigs - and make sure they are penned up....don't wanna have a fight between a guest and your favorite hog do ya? Nope, that just ain't civilized.

And lastly - we throw a tire on the trash burnin' pit - about 4 feet from the picnic Chrysler -  to make some good BBQ smoke, AND....the added benefit is that the smoke keeps the 'skeeters off of ya....

We know how to do formal here in Appalachia! ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Placement of your cooking equipment & your guest seating
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:26:33 PM »
Heck....we just spread newspaper out on the trunk of that '63 Chrysler that is mostly covered in Kudzu (gotta check under it and run off the hound dog and her fresh litter of pups...)......roll a dozen or so old tires around to there...stack up for seats. Then, take the weed eater and cut a path from the house to our (Chrysler) "Imperial Picnic Table".

Then, gotta round up the goats and pigs - and make sure they are penned up....don't wanna have a fight between a guest and your favorite hog do ya? Nope, that just ain't civilized.

And lastly - we throw a tire on the trash burnin' pit - about 4 feet from the picnic Chrysler -  to make some good BBQ smoke, AND....the added benefit is that the smoke keeps the 'skeeters off of ya....

We know how to do formal here in Appalachia! ;) ;D

Tee that's how we tailgate here in NJ & NE. except for the fresh air from the NJ swamp lands we are the same :D :D :D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill