Author Topic: Victoria Day holiday May 19  (Read 524 times)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Victoria Day holiday May 19
« Reply #-1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »
Many of my southern neighbors come up to northern Ontario this weekend for the start of walleye season. This weekend I see truck after truck of Americans with there boats and trailers. They stop in Kakabeka to buy their bait and booze. Sure hope they bought a lot of booze as most of the lakes still have ice on them and the temps go down to almost freezing.  ;D ;D ;D Tonight for example it will be dropping down to 32°F.
I say welcome to Canada my southern friends but ya all better have brought your long johns.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: Victoria Day holiday May 19
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »
I love visiting Canada, been there several times, last time was Memorial Day weekend 2012 went to Victoria, had a great time.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:26:16 AM »
Yes that is frost on my windshield this morning

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
Brrrrrrr.....That looks too cold for me.  :P
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
Brrr... it is 55 degrees here in Alabama this morning. We are going to the farmer's market today and I may have to wear long pants.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »
It's already 75F here at 8:00am, on our way up to 98F today.  Time to get out of the house and get my long distance run in before it gets too hot.
----------------------