Author Topic: 2015 Ohio Buckeye Gathering - Directions & More Info AND PICS...OH MY!!!!!  (Read 71660 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Ohio Buckeye Gathering - Directions & More Info!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »
YEEE-HAWWWW!!!

Art (ACW3)- Mike ( HighOnSmoke) and ME..... are on the road. Art's Cowboy Cadillac has Wi-Fi so I can watch cartoons and stop asking "Are we there yet"?"...So, we should be there around 5 p.m.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 10:41:26 AM »
Best thing about Art's vehicle are the drop down gas masks! 8) especially with tee sitting up front... ??? 8) :P
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »
Y'all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wish I could have pulled it off.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »
X2!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline KyNola

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 10:13:15 AM »
X2!
Ditto!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
O.K....THis is broadcast from the Mobile World Headquarters of LTBBQ at 74 m.ph. ( and whatever speed those 'lil electron fellers can fly ;D)

After WAYYYY to much awesome food....we have waddled back to the truck, and pointing it South....

For those who missed it - you really should plan for next year. It will be be great. The area that Cliff lined up is incredibly beautiful, with the greenest big tree covered hills and miles of the nicest farmlands in between, a LOT of nearby attractions, natural beauty, shopping, history, FOOD...( the Amish buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had ANYWHERE! ) etc....Just can't say enough about how nice being in Amish Ohio has been. And the entire area was so clean - I thought I was in Germany again!!!

Pic will follow after re-entry to our home atmosphere.... ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
Ok Tim safe driving.

And no pics from your neck up thanks :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
Ok Tim safe driving.

X2 - on the safe driving!

Could we add legs to the banned pics?...  ;) ;D 8)
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »
Ok Tim safe driving.

You guys don't give me much to work with.....I mean - there are some areas in between the legs and the face that can be....pretty ugly ??? ::) 8)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 06:11:26 PM »
Ok Tim safe driving.

You guys don't give me much to work with.....I mean - there are some areas in between the legs and the face that can be....pretty ugly ??? ::) 8)

How about we agree -  no selfies...  ;) 8)
JK - want to see as many pics as you've got - I bet the Ohio Gathering was a blast!

Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
It was a great time. Weather was perfect. 70's during the day. No rain - and no bugs!!! And the food.....just wait for some pictures. ;)

Still rolling.

Mobile Command Center...- out ;D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Re: Ohio Buckeye Gathering - Directions & More Info!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 08:30:24 PM »
I am home and ready for bed!!! Tired out! Had a great time meeting friends face to face! The food was great, Cliff and Old Dave & wife Jan cooked most of it. As soon as I get rested up will post my photos. Thanks to Art (ACW3) for some good bar service from the back pull out of his truck! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »
Wow, what a great time I had!  The weather was perfect, and so was the company!

I think my wife got some pics too.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 07:04:39 AM »
Not sure how many people got to eat some of my Cheer Wine marinated pork burnt ends.  Cliff was trying to hoard them for himself.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
Jun 08 2015

The past week-end seven of LTBBQ members, family and friends met for a gathering to eat some great BBQ and share  friendship. It was the most fun I have had lately. For some of us it was a first chance to get to know each other after conversing for several years on the LTBBQ forum.

Cliff (TenthunteR) planned and organized it plus provided cooking equipment and prepared a lot of the food. He made a good choice on the site, Mohican River Inn, Loudonville, Ohio. We had clean and comfortable rooms and a covered patio for our dining. The weather was great all week-end.

Attending was Cliff, his wife Tammy and two children, Pam, her g-granddaughter and her best friend Donna, Old Dave, his wife Jan and Barney, Art (ACW3), Tim (teesquare), Mike (High on Smoke), Myself (Smokin Don) and wife Nancy. Cliff’s friend Jason and son came Friday evening to join in. I think a couple members who planned to come had to cancel out.

We arrived a little late Friday afternoon, got lost but not going into that! All were there but Art, Tim from N. Carolina and Mike who came the farthest from Savannah, Georgia; he met Art and Tim to ride with them. Some good food was ready, bacon and cheese wrapped sausage chunks done by Old Dave on his cobb tabletop charcoal grill. Were they ever good. He also had some pork tenderloin done on his GM pellet grill for sandwiches with some raspberry sauce, delicious!

The southern boys finally made it, later Cliff had some pulled pork, mac and cheese and coleslaw. He heated the pork and cheese on his new Mak 1 Star General, he got a lot of help from his wife Tammy too! We all had a great time talking and some of us had a little cheer from the back of Arts truck! The motel owners came and lit a big bonfire for  us to enjoy. I think it was about 10 pm when we all retired to our rooms.

On Saturday morning about half of the group went for a buffet breakfast 40 miles away. The rest of us stayed behind and had some breakfast, donuts, fruit and coffee from what the motel put out every morning. I had a good time chatting with Old Dave and wife  Jan. I knew Pam and got to know her friend Donna, her gg daughter Maci had a great time running around and she picked up on my needing a cane I was always leaving and would show up with it and say “here Don”,  she was my cane bearer!

Sometime after lunch Dave put on two racks of BBRibs and a meatloaf with help from his wife Jan and Barney kept check on them. Barney is an 8 yr. old miniature black and brown dachshund and well behaved; he had his own lawn chair. He was used to going with Dave and Jan to competition BBQ. I learned some from Dave watching him do his ribs. He and wife Jan put a lot of love and hard work cooking the week-end!

Cliff, Tammy and my wife got back from breakfast and a visit to a cheese place. Art, Tim and Mike did some more sightseeing. I put out a cheese plate, Cajun crackers, smoked pistachios and some summer sausage Sandman had made and sent along.

Art, Tim and Mike got back and we ate sometime after 5 pm. Dave’s ribs and meatloaf was done and Donna had made a great potato casserole dish.  Cliff made some great Jerk chicken for a second entrée; done on his Weber Kettle with Stoven pellet adapter. Dave’s ribs were perfect and meatloaf was good. Art heated up some of his delicious burnt ends on the Mak. I could have made a meal of those! Donna made a Mayo chocolate cake for dessert. Way too much food,  but sure was good! We all sat around and chatted enjoying another bonfire and retired about 9:30. I didn’t think anyone could out talk my wife but Tim did!

We planned a big breakfast Sunday AM before all left for home. Cliff put a ham shank on the Mak in the middle of the night. He made a batch of his good biscuits and provided his sausage for Pam to make her good sausage and gravy. Pam also made her delicious fried donuts with maple glaze then dipped in bacon!  I finally got to cook some; fried up 3 ½ to 4 pounds of bacon, some of Kah’s jowl bacon and some pepper bacon. I fried up some of Sandman’s honey bacon he had sent along then scrambled a dozen eggs. That was one good breakfast! We all cleaned up and got packed to head home by 10:00.

They wouldn’t let me feed them any baloney so I divided up the old fashioned bung bologna for all to take home along with some brats and snack sticks. It went by too fast but I was tired out and ready to head home. Thanks everyone for a great time!!

Sorry for the lack of photos and poor quality, I thought I took more. I never got a shot of Pam, except her back side! Mike was always behind his camera so didn’t get many of him. We never got a group shot and was sorry about that. I hope the others will post some better photos.

The motel

Eating area

Dave tending his ribs

Ribs ready to foil and some of Cliffs hot dogs

Dave and his smoker, I like his hat!

Cliff marinating his jerk chicken

A content Barney

My wife on the left, Donna, Cliff and wife Tammy in the back

Jan and Barney

Tim, Mike and Jan

Cliff and Donna putting the potatoes in

Jan saucing the ribs w/a little directions from Dave!

Tim, Art, my wife, Cliff and Mike behind his camera

Dave's beautiful ribs!

One plate full

Art's burnt ends

Cliff's jerk chicken

Art and his pig hat!

Hard to believe Tim with no one to talk to!

Donna, Mike and Pam

Our fire

Jan getting some Cajun crackers and Maci

Mike and I did get a shot of Pam

Cliff

Tee and Pam

Maci

Cliff's cooking equipment

Art and Mike saying bye to Dave and Jan

Art, Tim and Mike getting packed

Smokin Don
Hope someone got some pics of the great breakfast I was busy cooking.
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/