Which one would work best, what would be the set up

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Srg
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »
Which one would work best, what would be the set up

Not sure I understand the question and we want to assist you....Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to figure out/decide on - and I will bet you will get some answers!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Bayoucajun

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 04:40:02 PM »
Seems like the tube would work great. Heard does not work with srg.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »
With my SRG I usually just put chips or pellets around the bottom and let 'er rip.  I've tried the tube and can't remember if it worked or not.  Tommy may remember.  His recollector is more gooder than mine...sometimes.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »
Problem with the tube smoker is there is no where to place it where it will get air flow.    I've tried and found it just doesn't work well, but running pellets and or wood chips against the chamber (See Tommy Ring ) will get you smoke going pretty good.

BUT......    Even with a heavy smoke rolling you may still not get the desired amount of smoke you want or need.

The hottest part of the SRG chamber is at 5 o'clock position.  That's just right of the controls if looking at the front or if you have the newer SRG it's where or close the where the smoker box is built into the side.

IF..... A heavy smoke is your thing, plumbing is a smoke generator from the side going up into the chamber may be what your looking for.   I have done this on TBE and work well.  Others here have done this as well so nothing new to learn, just good solid advice     

BTW, Todd at A-Maze-N smokers and I worked on the perfect smoker for this unit and I own one problem is cost and it would be half as much as the SRG was to buy so he backed off for now
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION