Author Topic: Cheese Paper  (Read 10559 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Cheese Paper
« Reply #-1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
The other day  I was reading an article (It having pictures helped a lot) and it mentioned cheese paper and how it was better for storing cheese versus foil, plastic wrap et al.  I notice on the Dubliner I buy from Costco it is wrapped in cheese paper. 
What do any of y'all know about it?  I've seen it online but was wondering if any of y'all know if any local type stores have it? 

Thanks, Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Cheese Paper
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »
Not sure about the cheese paper. I did post this link a while back. http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=7041.0
Like most people that replied I have been vacuum sealing my smoked cheese and never note any odd taste. Maybe it's just me but any cheese I buy I store it in the original wrapping and then in a plastic bag. I used to just take it out of the original wrapper and in a baggie. I think it lasts longer in the original wrapper. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
Don, I read your post earlier and that is why I made sure I mentioned Dubliner.  The way I got semi-hooked on it was one of the tastings that Costco does around the store.  They have got me not only on this cheese but their Smoked Gouda as well as other things.  I wonder if they do that on purpose or are they just being nice?
Like you, I have been storing cheese that way but the article on cheese paper caught my eye and I thought maybe I can improve on something else.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »
For refrigerating, I do think it is beneficial.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS