Author Topic: Haven't posted in awhile, but have a reason now  (Read 4786 times)

Offline cgseymour

Re: Haven't posted in awhile, but have a reason now
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
Those ribs look great.

Yet another item to add to the list of things to try  :D

Just curious did you cook the ribs to a specific temp? 
Just wondering how you would know they are done?

By looking at yours, you have certainly figured it out.

Cheers.

Chris
PBC
CharBroil Big Easy
Char-Griller Super Pro w/SFB

Offline PongGod

Re: Haven't posted in awhile, but have a reason now
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
PG, those beef ribs look delicious. What outstanding local bbq place in Houston did you find monster sized beef ribs? Jaxon and Albert flew down to Houston last summer in search of beef ribs (and brisket), and the closest ones we found were in Lockhart at Black's, Salt Lick in Driftwood, and Louie Mueller in Taylor. I didn't think anyone in Houston was making them. I would love to find them close to home.

Oh, and welcome back.

Killen's BBQ in Pearland has them and they're even much bigger than mine (I think theirs are known as "plate" short ribs rather than "chuck" short ribs). As good as mine were, they don't compare with Killen's, which are truly sensational. The downsides are 1) the wait in line there can easily be 1-1/2 hours on the weekend, and 2) they're damn expensive, $22/lb and each rib is typically more than one pound. I guess you have to think of it like going out to splurge on a fine steak. But you should definitely do try them sometime, they're worth it!
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Smokey Joe