Author Topic: Making marinade from Savor Spices??  (Read 50830 times)

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
Making marinade from Savor Spices??
« Reply #-1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »
I'm thinking of making liquid marinades from some of the Savor Spices I have, and am not sure if I should make them oil-based (e.g. EVOO) or water-based (or even vinegar-based)... I know some herbs are more soluble in oils and others in water...

Here's my thinking. Tonight, for example, I don't have a lot of prep time and wanted to make some boneless pork chops on the grill. I intend to mechanically tenderize them with my Jaccard tenderizer and give them a quick marinade (15-30 minutes) before throwing them on the grill. In the past, I would use Italian dressing for this with so-so results (I don't dig this flavor so much).

I have a supply of all the Redneck Spices and a bit of the M-3.

Any ideas??

Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Making marinade from Savor Spices??
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:08:52 PM »
Which one will you be using? The WOW has some suggestions for making a marinade for steak. Have not used it for pork - but I would imagine that it will work. It requires both oil and vinegar to make that recipe on the bottle.

If you are using any of the other rubs, I would just apply them directly, and allow the meat to rest  until you cook. We recommend using the Mo Rockin' Chicken, or Fine Swine and Bovine like this, and you can apply the rub and put the met in the fridge for a couple of days before you cook it. The rub becomes a marinade - and it will not be salty when you cook.

Hope this helps!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401