Author Topic: Hello from MN  (Read 2839 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Hello from MN
« Reply #-1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:39:58 AM »
Hi All,

Thank you to T2 (have to learn how to do the squared thing, sorry...) for inviting me to this forum. We met on the Sizzle on the Grill forum awhile back. I've been away from grilling and cooking for a bit - some personal issues, but trying to work my way back. I look forward to learning from y'all and maybe once in awhile sharing a bit as well.

Cheers,

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Hello from MN
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:31:29 AM »
Welcome drholly..glad you made it here.  Your gonna know most of us already. Lots of nice folks here. Be sure and tell wyholly about us too. Pammie ★*˚°。°
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »
Welcome sir, glad to see you made it here.
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch

Offline Johnny

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:31:28 AM »
Good to see your here, David!
Weber kettle

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »
I am glad you came over here and signed up David! For now you will find mostly familiar names - because we have started this site as an invitation only place (except for the occasional spammer - we try to keep them out and squash 'em like a bug as soon as they enter usually).
That is not to be "exclusive". I just believe that we create the feel and flavor of a forum by selecting the core users for their abilities not only to cook - but to be congenial, and fun.
Guess it's like a dinner party environment :D

But - we are approaching the 50 member mark that I would like to have as personal invitations before we make this place more public.

So, as you cruise thru the site - if their are members of other forums that you like, and appreciate for their contributions ( including some schmaltzy humor - which is probably my strong suit ;D) and their friendly, amiable nature - by all means, ask them to come over to LTBBQ and sign up!

You can't have too many friends in life, and I think we have a great group of people here that can identify the others here as their friends.

<end ramble - point established, and sufficiently flogged> ;)

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
Can't have a good forum without D-Holly!!
Welcome home!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »
I agree with smoke!  Drholly we are all glad you made it over to the forum...    ;D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you! I am looking forward to having a lot of fun along with learning from this group. I'll drop a note to WYHolly (now that I figured out her new "name"!) You might want to invite Jeanie - the cowgirl - she is a great cook, writer, and a wonderful warm person.

Cheers,

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 08:08:28 PM »
David, Welcome.  You'll like it here.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:46:39 AM »
What's up Doc! :D
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »
Good to see you David. At least you have some place to spend your time in the cold weather that is coming.

Ken
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you! I am looking forward to having a lot of fun along with learning from this group. I'll drop a note to WYHolly (now that I figured out her new "name"!) You might want to invite Jeanie - the cowgirl - she is a great cook, writer, and a wonderful warm person.

Cheers,

David

David -

One of the things I should clarify is that, if you have been invited here - you have the full faith and confidence of this group. And - you have all of the authority to invite others that you feel will add to the group in a positive manner. We are not trying to be exclusive, but - want to build the core users group here that will influence the mood and feel of this forum.
So - anyone of us that want to invite others that we think will be amiable, congenial folks - go get 'em and drag 'em on over here! :D
Please know that you are never going to be held responsible for anyone else's actions, should you be concerned about inviting someone, and they do something that is "unexpected".

And - if you know someone that may not be as experienced - but wants to expand on their cooking repertoire, they need not feel out of place - we all learn, all of the time - if we choose to.
We will continue to entice some of the well known folks that are professionals to join, and chime in. Barry Martin, Michael Stines,  Mike Headrick, good Old Dave and others are here already, and more is never too many!

We will be adding in a "blog like" section that will have an assortment of folks that can contribute articles, recipes and photos...sort of a LTBBQ magazine on-line.

Anyway - I want everyone here to know that I am just flat out impressed with the quality of folks that we have already here. I hope you all feel confident in offering your suggestions for features and site improvements as they come to mind.

(I will copy and past this into the Announcements section as well.)

T
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:41:18 AM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401