Author Topic: Contributions for this forum  (Read 1315 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Contributions for this forum
« Reply #-1 on: December 10, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »
I never much worried about the cost of the Sizzle on the Grill forum cause Char-broil has the dead presidents to make it happen but.....
what about this forum or as I see it my new home??
I used to be on a forum that had a pay-pal link on the main page that members could click on as they saw fit and make a contribution to help out the fine folks that make it possible. It could be any amount you wanted and there was no pressure at all.
I am behind this idea 100% and wonder if it can be considered by the powers that be and if my fellow friends like that idea as well??

Hmmm...maybe it is time for a poll.......
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:03:43 PM by smokeasaurus »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Contributions for this forum
« on: December 10, 2011, 07:36:34 PM »
Hey Smoke - I'm with you. Even if the actual "costs" are not significant, the time can be. I'm in to help out.

Cheers,

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 07:55:23 PM »
I'm with you guys, let me know..   

Money is tight due to being out of work for 5 months but I'm sure we can pitch in 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »
It's gonna be a hard candy x-mas for most of us this year but it is nice to be able to contribute whenever you can.
At least the olive branch has been extended..........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »
I wanted to take some time to think about this thread, and what it really says about the the genuine and caring nature of the user group here. You all really confirm what I knew of you, and your  generous spirit. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And - I am not turning you guys down.....just trying really hard to not make anyone feel they are obliged either.

I have asked the Dmin for his input on this, and we will talk about it more - probably after the holidays. 

But, the real goal is traffic and usership. If we can generate growthof posting members, and drive traffic to the site with soem new things that we will be working on very soon - then the opportunity exists to sell banners to advertisers.
WE WILL NOT ever turn the site into a cluttered passle of billboards. But - having some sponsorship money to run the site, and perhaps stuff back for paying to do some regionalized gatherings is the goal.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »
I am sure I speak for most when I say for all the fun I have hanging around here,contributions would make me feel alot less guilty for having all this fun for nothing!!!!! ;D

I think the bottom line is we all like each other and hanging out here and we sure wouldn't mind helping out insuring success to our new home!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
I am sure I speak for most when I say for all the fun I have hanging around here,contributions would make me feel alot less guilty for having all this fun for nothing!!!!! ;D

I think the bottom line is we all like each other and hanging out here and we sure wouldn't mind helping out insuring success to our new home!!

Well said...and a Amen
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch