Author Topic: Smells  (Read 2779 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Smells
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »
Hub -I agree that it is the sniping, arrogance, arguementative attitudes, spammers and even some hidden agendas ( one particular pellet cooking site comes to mind ;) ) can ruin the user experience.

I hope we will continue to see that here on LTBBQ - heavy moderation will not be needed because we try to "screen" incoming members. They are invited by someone who is already a known member here, and is thought of as one of the "good guys". That is - folks that are amiable, open-minded and willing to disagree without being disagreeable.

We will all have a bad day in our lives - but we try to not ever drag that into this forum...And - there should be an allowance and compassion for a momentary lapse in judgement - rather than an instant inflammatory response.

So - I hope the bottom line is that we will try to moderate the growth of the forum thru the extension of a friendly attitude, and expect that from all of the participants.  Not the "well - that's just the way we do it" attitude on some forums.
Yes, we have to have some guidelines for behavior, but hopefully we grow this site thru recruitment of fine folks like yourself, then, far fewer rules and moderation are ever needed.

T
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:54:00 AM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401