Author Topic: UUNI Flame Shield  (Read 17998 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
UUNI Flame Shield
« Reply #-1 on: November 30, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »
Would any of my fellow UUNI owners be willing to take the flame shield out of their original or pre UUNI 2S UUNis to scan it? I am going to make my own, I don't know what compelled them to omit it from the 2S!! If it's too much trouble (more than likely it is and more than likely it isn't flat therefore not scannable) then I'll just wing it!

I ordered a piece of stainless and am going to cut out a piece to block direct heat from the fire. This is an issue that can lead to the back side of the pizza burning if you don't turn it quick enough. With the shield in place, it greatly lessens the risk. Dumb move to take it out IMHO.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

Re: UUNI Flame Shield
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:42:15 AM »
Alrighty then, looks like I am on my own, lol. No worries. I got it under control!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 09:23:27 AM »
let us know..I havea an original, but I kow they only take a minute or 2 and they are done..don't turn away from the pizza and I don't knowhow to take sheild out..sorry  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
Sorry but I have been so busy with work and the Holidays that I just have not had a chance.

Perhaps if you want to wait until this weekend for a photo or scan of it.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RG

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »
Sorry but I have been so busy with work and the Holidays that I just have not had a chance.

Perhaps if you want to wait until this weekend for a photo or scan of it.

Thanks but I think that the perfectionists in me was WAY overthinking this! No need to go through any trouble, I'll just wing it, I think that'll be part of the fun! I'll post my "creation" when done, lol.

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
I have just made a prototype! It will be functional but it's not symmetrical. I do have more material left so I can always make another if I want. I will take a picture of it later and post.

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »
Here it is in all its glory! :P

I have enough material to make another, the picture actually shows the piece I have left, with my freehand template drawn on it :P

I may make another due to folding the bend asymmetrical. It'll work fine I am sure so I'll probably leave it alone in all honesty.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 07:32:59 PM »
I am watching to see how you like your flame shield.  I'm not above trying different things like this myself.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11