Author Topic: I am by no means a pitmaster but.....  (Read 7104 times)

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Re: I am by no means a pitmaster but.....
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 04:07:01 PM »
Can't keep a good man down, you'll be back in no time Jason.   ;) ;)

that software y'all got there looks complicated to me, way over my head.  But then it don't take much......
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »
Can't keep a good man down, you'll be back in no time Jason.   ;) ;)

that software y'all got there looks complicated to me, way over my head.  But then it don't take much......

Yup, enough work adding splits and keeping the fire going clean.........don't have the time or brain cells for all that high tech stuff........:) 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
It just looks complicated. Once you get the basis of it figured out, it's pretty intuitive. I'm sure there are better programs out there but I have been using this one (different variations) for years. They keep adding features to it that are far beyond what I am capable of doing but I can make a serviceable video using it. It's fun watching what you've got as you go along :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Does it come with "Scratch and Sniff"
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline RG

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2018, 02:19:40 PM »
Does it come with "Scratch and Sniff"

That could be a double edged sword right there, lol ;) :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
Smellovision could be a dangerous thing..........:) 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline RG

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »
Hey gang, I am feeling worlds better. Yesterday was a turning point I think. I haven't felt this good in 2 weeks now! So, with that said, I just trimmed, injected and rubbed a brisket! I am about to go out and cut some wood and get the KBQ ready for the morning :)

Offline bamabob

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
You won't believe this but as I read this I was watching "The Five" on Fox News, looked up from my laptop and Dana Perino had a Unicorn in front of her..........more of the BBQ Karma we experience bro............

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 05:40:26 PM »
Hey gang, I am feeling worlds better. Yesterday was a turning point I think. I haven't felt this good in 2 weeks now! So, with that said, I just trimmed, injected and rubbed a brisket! I am about to go out and cut some wood and get the KBQ ready for the morning :)

sure RG, you go cut that unicorn wood and pop it into your Uni-B-Q and cook that Unicorn brisket..........hey, why not film the entire process............

JUST KIDDING brother, glad you are feeling better and looking forward to the video  :)  :) 

Hope everything comes out good, after what you have been through with all the crud, you deserve a good brisket!!  :)  :) 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline RG

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
LOL!! I needed a good laugh, y'all crack me up. This brisket is a weird one, it may just be a unicorn brisket. You'll see in the video. I can't complain, Stephanie got it at Kroger on clearance a while back for $1.99/lb. I think we have a couple of more in the chest freezer, they too may be shaped weird but oh well. It's getting smoked regardless! Now I just gotta get up early and start smokin', stay tuned!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »
Get a good nights sleep and we will be all waiting tomorrow......................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline bamabob

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 09:35:05 PM »
You won't believe this but as I read this I was watching "The Five" on Fox News, looked up from my laptop and Dana Perino had a Unicorn in front of her..........more of the BBQ Karma we experience bro............

You just can't make this $hit up!!  check the time stamp on the video against the time of my post!!  (take into account the EST on the site vs. the CST when I posted)

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
That's just too funny right there Bob, lol! You're right, truth is stranger than fiction!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
This thread started over two months ago......where in the "Sam Hill" is that brisket??     :)    :)   
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline RG

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
This thread started over two months ago......where in the "Sam Hill" is that brisket??     :)    :)

It's in my belly. You do know that the video doesn't make itself right? :P

I am working on it now, maybe I'll have it done tomorrow. I have to go through all of my footage, put it in order, add the music and voice over and then it'll be done. I am really upset with myself, I didn't get footage of me slicing the brisket. I thought the camera was recording........NOPE!!! Really bums me out.