Author Topic: Our Christmas Dinner Menu (no pictures)  (Read 566 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Our Christmas Dinner Menu (no pictures)
« Reply #-1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:15:47 PM »
We had 15 all from my brides side of the family ??? ???

We had American beers, Costco house wines(red & white)  & assorted soda's

My wife made a Lasagna dip in the crock pot with french bread on the side. We also had shrimp salad, brie, Cheddar & crackers. For the Vegans we had hummus & fresh veggies on a platter.

For dinner:  We had a Fresh oven cooked pork roast (9.25 lbs) made with fresh garlic, salt, pepper, thyme & rosemary along with oven roasted red potatoes  ;D ;D. With some apple cider ;D ;D ;D

Sides: Home made mac & cheese, Broccoli baked in garlic & crumbs, Homemade red cabbage, home made apple sauce (with raisins  ;D ;D) hot rolls & some Vegan dish that other said was good ??? ???.

For dessert we had A Baskin & Robin yule log that was a big disappointment (mint ice cream) Costco Apple pie that was very good, Home made Choclate chip cookies & Christmas cookies.

When everyone left I took out a Costco Christmas ale (hidden) & sat with the tree & my two Goldens (Butterscotch & Pudding) listening to Christmas music. I was so glad we hosted & did not have that ride home the others had. My wife joined me for a few as it was a great end to a great day.

I should add the dogs had their bells on ;) ;)  cute

What say you?

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Our Christmas Dinner Menu (no pictures)
« on: December 26, 2017, 05:38:06 PM »
Sounds like y'all had a great meal.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Our Christmas Dinner Menu (no pictures)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 06:09:44 PM »
Well, I too have no pictures but I can tell you what has had in a 3 night span, feeding different rounds of folks beginning on Saturday. Saturday I made a giant lasagna, home made bread sticks, nice salad with home made croutons and I made my version of Outback Steakhouse's "Tangy Tomato" salad dressing.

Sunday was a whole beef tenderloin served with yet more salad, garlic mash and warm bread with butter.

Christmas Day was a 9.xx pound Honey Baked Ham, collards, home made yeast rolls, baked shoepeg corn, candied yams, deviled eggs, my 3 cheese mac and cheese.

There were more cookies and candies than you could shake a stick at. We made so MUCH food that I actually was exhausted as was my wife. Lets me know that I don't ever want to work in the restaurant business, lol!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!