Author Topic: SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC  (Read 2001 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC
« Reply #-1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:59:59 AM »
Well the Tide rolled and the Dawgs were let out --looking forward to next Monday ----ROLL TIDE ROLL
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline AroundTheHorn2

Re: SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:19:51 AM »
As a Big 12, I will congrats the SEC. I was rooting for Georgia because I cannot stand ou and I like Georgia. I was going for Clemson because I like Dabo. But, Bama showed why they are the dominate team. Cannot wait until that championship game. Go Dawgs
Family, BBQ and Baseball

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:46:11 AM »
This will sound kind of bad but I am not a college sports fan at all, not even a little. My Daughter is a Junior at UGA to boot, lol! With that said, I was happy to see the Dawgs come back and win that game. What a gut check for those young men! That blocked field goal? Are you kidding me? That was straight out of a movie. That team never quit on their coach and I don't care who you are, you have to love that!

Now, onto the championship game, I think UGA will win. I hate the term "Team of Destiny" but if there ever was one, this is it. I know there will be a LOT of Bama fans in the stands but I expect Mercedes Benz stadium to show out in the red and black. Should be a fun game to watch. It's always fun when the home team has an opportunity to win a title, fan or not. I bet even the Tech fans are pulling for UGA. Maybe not though, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:05:20 AM »
OMG..who to want to win..decisions, always decisions...☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:08:51 AM »
The Georgia OU game was as close as any game I have ever seen. Both teams were incredible in their execution. It was a nail-biter for sure.

The Clemson- Alabama was never close - even when the scores were. Alabama intimidated Clemson early - and they never recovered.

I just hope the championship game is close. Alabama plays power. Georgia plays speed and finesse. I t will be an interesting match up for sure!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »
It is going to be an interesting game for sure! I like Alabama, but not this game, it has got to be the DAWGS!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »
Bama, hard to go against them when the stakes are high.......they just took #1 Clemson out behind the wood shed last night and they might not be done yet......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline DWard51

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:43:26 PM »
One of our friends was calling the Rose Bowl the "heart attack bowl" because it was such a nail bitter.  Great game though.  Alabama & Georgia will be one heck of a game next week.  Only thing is it is on Monday night and I have to get up at 4:30am on Tuesday.  No way I can make it through the day without bumping into someone at the office talking about who won even if I DVR it to watch later.  Guess it will be a no sleep night for me Monday night 8)

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »
I will not predict a winner but will say ROLL TIDE1
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »
One of our friends was calling the Rose Bowl the "heart attack bowl" because it was such a nail bitter.  Great game though.  Alabama & Georgia will be one heck of a game next week.  Only thing is it is on Monday night and I have to get up at 4:30am on Tuesday.  No way I can make it through the day without bumping into someone at the office talking about who won even if I DVR it to watch later.  Guess it will be a no sleep night for me Monday night 8)

Same here but it is gonna be worth it..........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Hub

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 07:53:51 AM »
Born and raised in Oklahoma I am a dyed in the wool Sooner all the way and an alum of the University.  For decades I've been treated to some fantastic games with many different teams, conference and non.  Lots of "thrill of victory and agony of defeat" as the old TV intro used to say.  All of it good sport.

Along with wonderful victory comes defeat without dishonor and I think this year's Rose Bowl is one of those times.  Yeah, I wish we'd won but I'm not ashamed of our performance.  The same thing (without overtimes -- not an NCAA rule then) occurred in 1971 when the Sooners played the Cornhuskers for all the marbles and lost.  Not my preferred outcome but  one of the best games ever played.

Now, I don't have a horse in the race but I love good college football.  It's all SEC this time but conference dominance is not the subject or goal, really.  Conferences, like teams, wax and wane.  Looking forward to what I hope will be a great championship game  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 12:35:41 PM »
QB at UGA, Jake Fromm, is from right here in Houston Co.  He has two brothers in Warner Robins HS...one is a QB, the other a receiver.

He is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet...don't know why he picked UGA.   :P
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
  It's all SEC this time but conference dominance is not the subject or goal, really.
Hub
I think my definition of conference dominance has changed. By that I mean to me conference dominance was like the SEC had a couple of years ago when most of the teams in the west were ranked in the top 5 at one point or another. The traditional weak teams (eg Vandy) were decent that year, so yeah you could say the conference dominated. But that was one year, and other conferences have had a good year now and then also. But for the most part now a days  it is not so much conference dominance vs top team dominance. The ACC has Clemson and Miami, the rest are mediocre or suck; Big 10 has Ohio St and Wisconsin, the rest mediocre or suck ( yes that includes Michigan); SEC- Bama, Georgia, Auburn (when they show up), same with PAC 12 and Big 12. Not knocking the other teams but the elite of all of the conferences far outweigh the rest. Some of the names at the top change now and then but it is usually 2,3, or 4 that make the conference. What relevance all this has, I don't know but I thought I would rant on anyway.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 02:24:11 PM »
  It's all SEC this time but conference dominance is not the subject or goal, really.
Hub
What relevance all this has, I don't know but I thought I would rant on anyway.

LOL! Well, I enjoyed reading it nonetheless ;)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Scgator

SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 04:56:42 PM »
As a Florida Gator working at Clemson it's hard to pull for Georgia anytime. I did pull for them in the playoff game but all I can say now is ROLL TIDE!!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk