Author Topic: Last rotisserie post I promise  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Last rotisserie post I promise
« Reply #-1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
          For xmas I got the Weber brand rotisserie for my grill. After just a couple uses the spit was warped. I had already threw the box away assuming it's a Weber product and it was working fine. It's the model that's made for my grill. I contacted amazon and they were helpful and sent me a new one but I was to return the bent one back to them and to put it in the new box I was receiving. So.......
       I just took the new one out to have it ready for tomorrow. Try to follow me here please ,the pointed end of rod goes into the motor. The spit is mostly square but has 2 rounded sections on it that suppose to sit in the notches on each end of the grill. When spit is sitting in the position to do its thing it only makes contact with the notch on the far end. It's not touching on the notch closest to the motor . So if I press down on spit in the middle where the food would be the bar flexes. This is without heat which would probably make it worse id assume. The motor mount isint adjustable so I'm positive this will fail again. It's not resting on both notches just the motor all the way to that far groove. This is making it weak I think.
          I hope I made sense to you guys. Since I bought this off amazon I'm not sure Weber will do anything for me. What am I suppose to do. I have a New unused rotisserie but no box. I sent it back with the first one. Is it worth trying to go through Weber at this point ? 
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Re: Last rotisserie post I promise
« on: January 07, 2018, 06:55:52 PM »
My experience with Amazon is that they will make it right.  I've had a similar issue with an item and they shipped me a box to return it in.
Maybe you could post a couple of photos of the problem?  Someone on here may be able to help.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Pappymn

Last rotisserie post I promise
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »
I have literally had hundreds of Amazon transactions. They will make it right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:08:50 PM »
      My wife is gonna call in a bit. Like I said I didn't even use this one yet. I just want a refund so I can try a different one. I just found one that is more heavy duty. It's a 3/8 th inch instead of webbers 5/16th. It's the same price as webers and seems like a higher quality. Hopefully amazon understands and refunds it without a box
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline Lemonhead78

Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:30:26 PM »
I would advise that you talk to the folks at Weber as well. Make sure you have the best part number for your application, and - ask them about your experiences. They are very helpful and have great customer service.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 08:44:27 PM »
What Tim said...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
  Life's too short for wimpy rotessories! 
Get the larger motor and shaft.   
  And these forks are a good upgrade too. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017LPW6E4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They have square holes punched in them so when the nut gets loose(and it will) they just keep on turning...

Terry "Way down in Alabama"