Author Topic: I hate everyone I work with  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

I hate everyone I work with
« Reply #-1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »
          I work at a municipality. I'm a member of the water department. I fix water main breaks and sometimes have to plow streets in the winter. Always doing something ( sort of ) lol. The job is really cool it's the people that suck. A typical day is a bunch of semi miserable guys making fun of each other , talking behind each other's backs. Trying to shit on the next guy. It's a crappy environment to work in. If you don't stoop to their level than YOUR the ass kisser or something. It's hard to explain. I'm not into putting people down or talking crap about someone else but that's how it is here. I truly hate every one of them. The older I get it seems the less I tolerate people. I wish I had a job where I can simply ask someone what did you have for dinner last night or what are you doing this weekend. Too bad their all shit heads. I can't have an intelligent conversation with any of them......ever

Thanks for listening
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline old sarge

Re: I hate everyone I work with
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:12 PM »
I have found that if everyone is busy working, there is not enough time for nonsense. 
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:53:47 PM »
Sounds very stressful....and i feel for you.

I hope you can take a few deep breaths, and let go of some anger. NOT going all "zen" on you here. Those that know me well - know that I rarely just "let it go"...and I am given to dish out a well deserved butt chewing on occasion. :D

But the truth that I hope you will discover - is that when we allow folks to get under our skin like that.....they win.
They win - because they have taken control of your thoughts, and cost you your peace. But they can't do that unless YOU allow them to. Simple...but requires discipline and practice.

There is so much value to not allow your emotions to be the compass heading for your actions.

It requires a lot of practice - but you can reach the  point where you can hear or experience something - and NOT feel anything abut it ...until you logic through it FIRST. Then, and only then - allow yourself to FEEL  about it.
Your left cerebral hemisphere is for logic, math, and such. Your right - is where imagination, artistic thoughts, dreams and such live. Left brain must be the boss....if you choose to redevelop how you confront the world around you, in order to achieve more control of how you are impacted by interactions with other people.

It was taught to me - and to this day I am grateful for that. It has helped me make decisions that kept me alive.

And...in your case - it will likely help you, to make decisions that will lengthen your career - and help prevent a heart attack or stroke.

Some personal analysis helped me understand that the things that really tick me off - are those which at the end of a day - did not matter. That when confronted with big important things...we simmer down and focus - and harness the emotional impact until later.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

I hate everyone I work with
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »
I basically can't stand most people. I do like kids though. Life is too short for morons. Tee you are excluded. Not sure why

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:57:29 PM »
Sounds very stressful....and i feel for you.

I hope you can take a few deep breaths, and let go of some anger. NOT going all "zen" on you here. Those that know me well - know that I rarely just "let it go"...and I am given to dish out a well deserved butt chewing on occasion. :D

But the truth that I hope you will discover - is that when we allow folks to get under our skin like that.....they win.
They win - because they have taken control of your thoughts, and cost you your peace. But they can't do that unless YOU allow them to. Simple...but requires discipline and practice.

There is so much value to not allow your emotions to be the compass heading for your actions.

It requires a lot of practice - but you can reach the  point where you can hear or experience something - and NOT feel anything abut it ...until you logic through it FIRST. Then, and only then - allow yourself to FEEL  about it.
Your left cerebral hemisphere is for logic, math, and such. Your right - is where imagination, artistic thoughts, dreams and such live. Left brain must be the boss....if you choose to redevelop how you confront the world around you, in order to achieve more control of how you are impacted by interactions with other people.

It was taught to me - and to this day I am grateful for that. It has helped me make decisions that kept me alive.

And...in your case - it will likely help you, to make decisions that will lengthen your career - and help prevent a heart attack or stroke.

Some personal analysis helped me understand that the things that really tick me off - are those which at the end of a day - did not matter. That when confronted with big important things...we simmer down and focus - and harness the emotional impact until later.

what he said ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:04:37 PM »
I basically can't stand most people. I do like kids though. Life is too short for morons. Tee you are excluded. Not sure why

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does that mean I am a kid?...Never mind...I know the answer.... ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »
I have had jobs like that in the past, and have been lucky enough to rise above it. Take pride in your job no matter what your peers think. Most Muni jobs promote from within, so keep checking postings. I'm not against unions at all, but sometimes it creates attitudes for senior members on how much they are willing to contribute. Hang in there!
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 05:09:32 AM »
Thanks for all advice guys. 2 things that got me thinking.
1. At the end of the day ( if doesn't matter ) I'm their for my family .
2. I get along and like kids too. Their innocent and haven't had time to become jerk offs yet lol
3. Don't let people control my thought / emotions
4. 8 hours a day .
5.ove my kids and wife and I'm so greatful for them
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 07:06:04 AM »
I could say the same thing but I am self employed so that would be telling, lol. I used to work for a HUGE Plumbing Company and I don't miss it at ALL. Grown men behaving like children. The constant rumor mill, people talking behind other's backs, spies that would eavesdrop on shop talk and go tell on everyone. Man I am glad I am out of there, it was like a soap opera. Everyone thinks women gossip (and they do) but I am certain that they have nothing on men. Crazy!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »
As someone who has worked in the Construction industry most of my life I can confirm what RG said. Men are the biggest gossips I've been on projects with over 1000 men on it spread over 10 miles and if something happen on one end the guys on the other side knew about it instantly! Each time the story is told something else gets added making it even more ridiculous. Rise above it and don't get involved in it.  Life is too short to be wasted on it....
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Roget

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:27 AM »
That's exactly why my wife & myself are self employed.
I have been fortunate to have been blessed with good working environments. As a young man I worked in retail, & then spent 22 years in an office job (which I loved).
Since that time we have had our own business & that just can't be beat.
We don't have to put up with anyone except each other.  Of course, customers can sometimes cause a little heartburn.  ::) ::)
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »
Of course, customers can sometimes cause a little heartburn.  ::) ::)

Isn't that the truth? I've had a few unsavory ones but overall they're few and far between.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 06:40:25 PM »
I did over 37 years as an employee and contractor with "the phone company". I worked with and for every kind of A Hole you can imagine, not to mention the customers. I had guns pulled on me, knives pulled on me.  There was only one time a manager had to pull me off a guy I was going to kill. He told the guy next time I will let him kill you. I finally just learned to go with the flow. I had a saying "if you can't flow flee" and would transfer out if  the managers  got too bad. All and all looking back there were some really, really good times.  I started out pumping shit (literally) out of manholes and retired as Senior Technical Manager in IT. Get in there, put your head down, do your job and let the rest go. At the end of the day if you did the job you are getting paid to do piss on them. Sorry for the cussing Tee, it is happy hour.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 07:28:35 PM »
I did over 37 years as an employee and contractor with "the phone company". I worked with and for every kind of A Hole you can imagine, not to mention the customers. I had guns pulled on me, knives pulled on me.  There was only one time a manager had to pull me off a guy I was going to kill. He told the guy next time I will let him kill you. I finally just learned to go with the flow. I had a saying "if you can't flow flee" and would transfer out if  the managers  got too bad. All and all looking back there were some really, really good times.  I started out pumping shit (literally) out of manholes and retired as Senior Technical Manager in IT. Get in there, put your head down, do your job and let the rest go. At the end of the day if you did the job you are getting paid to do piss on them. Sorry for the cussing Tee, it is happy hour.

Ken I always find it funny how nice people are in church for one hour a week. But when you meet people in public for the rest of the week so many people are so nasty.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline UWFSAE

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 09:58:27 PM »
At the end of the day, "Work to Live" is preferable to "Live to Work".  If you're providing for a family then it's worth it in the final calculus.  That being said, hope things improve Lemon.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330