Author Topic: Hot Stove time a year in New England So lets discuss the Hot Dog or Frankfurter  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

My Pops would always fry them like that Tommy. Then onto Wonder Bread with yellow mustard and he was all set.

Smoke I lost all respect for you wonder bread   You ruined it.....Should have been Sunbeam Bread  ;) ;) ;) ;)  lol

Just remember . . .

BD

How sad two of you lol ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline DWard51

Some of the best dogs I ever had were at a little hole in the wall looking place called "The Dog House" on Route 66 in Albuquerque, NM.  They split them open, sprinkle with a spice mix and grill them up on a large grill. Place in a grilled bun, topped with NM style chili and onions.  Cheese is optional.  The 2 weeks we were working there, I think we ate at The Dog House nearly every day for lunch.  It's on my list of places to visit again one day.  We ate there before the place became famous after appearing on "Breaking Bad".  The locals turned us on to it.  If you go there, also get the green chilies on your dog!  I wish you could find the ingredients as those would be worth making at home (even if I had to make the meat for the dog).

Offline Tailgating is my game

Some of the best dogs I ever had were at a little hole in the wall looking place called "The Dog House" on Route 66 in Albuquerque, NM.  They split them open, sprinkle with a spice mix and grill them up on a large grill. Place in a grilled bun, topped with NM style chili and onions.  Cheese is optional.  The 2 weeks we were working there, I think we ate at The Dog House nearly every day for lunch.  It's on my list of places to visit again one day.  We ate there before the place became famous after appearing on "Breaking Bad".  The locals turned us on to it.  If you go there, also get the green chilies on your dog!  I wish you could find the ingredients as those would be worth making at home (even if I had to make the meat for the dog).

that looks great
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
While Pinks hot dog stand in West Hollywood is legendary, a little 4 store chain in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California is my dog of choice.

Cupids Hot Dogs. They only served hot dogs. Yellow mustard, diced yellow onion and a chili gravy that was just too good. We would lick the gravy off of the wrapper, I mean it was that good.

People wait in line daily at lunch time. I think there are only two locations left. Since 1946.

Here is the link. The picture of the store on the main page was where Pops took us. Sadly, the lease ran out on the land and that location is gone.

If you have the extra coin, they will ship them to you. Details are on the site.........one day............

https://www.cupidshotdogs.net/
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
   Fried in a skillet is awfully good.  I'm not to picky as long as they are of good quality.   Fried and wrapped in a piece of fried bologna on white bread with mayo is certainly one of my favorites.
  But the best way is with a bunch of kids, family or friends over a campfire out in the woods near a sweet smelling creek with the buns toasted a little dark.  Mayo, mustard , some sweet pickles or pile some Slawsa on there. The combination of the environment, campfire, friends and the toasty dog and bun are just great. 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"