Author Topic: SV Top Sirloin Steaks  (Read 1781 times)

Offline zueth

SV Top Sirloin Steaks
« Reply #-1 on: January 23, 2018, 07:58:08 PM »
I had a few prime top sirloins from Costco and wanted to try steaks in the SV again.  I cooked them for 3 1/2 hours at 131, I seasoned them with KC steak seasoning and put a scoop of garlic butter in the vacuum pack bag and cooked them.  When they were done I pulled them and seared them for 1 minute a side on the SRG grill.  Wow these were the most tender and juicy steak I think I have ever cooked.  These were really good and can't wait to cook some more.

Offline Pappymn

SV Top Sirloin Steaks
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:06:38 PM »
Looks perfect to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RAD

Re: SV Top Sirloin Steaks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
WOW, just WOW
Love to cook and eat

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:16:30 PM »
That is quite a good looking steak.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
That looks fantastic. Great result
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
Great looking Steak  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a sous vide.  Which one do you have?  What do you like about it?  What don't you like about it?  And what do you cook the food in?  I see some people buy one of the rectangular Rubbermaid containers and buy the lid.  I've also seen others cut a hole in a cooler.  Thanks.
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline bspitt

• GEAUX Tigers!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 03:28:24 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a sous vide.  Which one do you have?  What do you like about it?  What don't you like about it?  And what do you cook the food in?  I see some people buy one of the rectangular Rubbermaid containers and buy the lid.  I've also seen others cut a hole in a cooler.  Thanks.

I use an Anova Wifi Model. So far - great!. But its very new too me. The wifi is not yet properly set-up, but that my ignorance im sure.

As you can see in this pic, I use a square plastic continer with lid, but I have a cooler that I will be cutting a hole in for larger/longer cooks soon. This pic is london broil. I have done fresh green beans, chicken breast and stuffed chicken breast also. All the food has been fantastic

My set up:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757ZSK9Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R8JOUC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BMCLMU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHWSV1S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have also used normal pots (enameled cast iron) - I really like the lids on the containers as it helps with evaporation.

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
Very Nice!  :thumbup:
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline zueth

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 04:59:15 PM »

I have the Joule, I like that fact that I control it from my phone and can set up everything via my phone.  I actually like the fact that there are no buttons on it, makes it easy to clean real quick.  I have the 12 Quart Rubbermaid container with Everie lid and use this for most cooks.  I also purchased the 26 quart Lipavi container with lid for larger cooks like Brisket.  I like the everie lid better because it folds up in the middle.  You definitely want a container and a lid.

If you check out my post of brisket in SV you can see the Joule and Lipavi container.

I have only had the Joule for about 1 1/2 months, but so far I have cooked the following it:

Brisket
Baby Back Ribs
Top Sirloin Steak
NY Steak
Eggs
Shrimp
Salmon

Next up I want to try Halibut, Chicken Breasts, and a Chuck Roast.

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 05:23:04 PM »
Doing my research, my choices are between the Anova wifi model that bspitt has or the Joule that you have.  From the reviews I've read, it's a toss up.  Some reviewers didn't like the Joule because it's controlled entirely by a secondary device (phone).  I guess I'll just have to decide which one I like better.  Thanks to both you and bspitt for the information.
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline zueth

SV Top Sirloin Steaks
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 12:38:41 AM »
reviewers didn't like the Joule because it's controlled entirely by a secondary device (phone).
Yep I get that some people feel that way , I personally like it. It’s nice when my phone beeps me when I am in the garage that water is ready of when I am in the yard that food is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:14:07 AM by zueth »

Offline bspitt

• GEAUX Tigers!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 07:43:35 AM »
One reason I chose the Anova wifi over the Anova bluetooth was for the Ice Bath method listed here:

https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004283283-Learn-More-About-Ice-Bath

I can set this up in the cooler - go to work, and start the cook via my phone anytime I want to. Have not done this yet, as I have not controlled it via wifi yet (but have not tried much). Soon!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:18:47 AM by bspitt »

Offline KJRsmoker

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
That Ice Bath feature looks pretty interesting.
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill