Author Topic: Cool tool for heavyweights… or, you can count on it  (Read 34756 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Cool tool for heavyweights… or, you can count on it
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 07:53:02 AM »

Anyway, I have lost 15 pounds and my honey lost 11 in 35 days without once being hangry so if you are thinking about this sort of thing you might want to check out MyFitnessPal.

Cat bumped this so I'll take the opportunity to brag a wee bit - 22+ pounds for me and 17+ for my Honey in 62 days. 

It's time to dig out the box marked "Clothes too small - will never wear again"!    ;D
Wingman..tell Mrs. Wingman that if she sews, I do, she can take in her pants to fit nicely, just gotta take them in from the inside seams, not the outside seams, then they do not distort in size. If not..have fun shopping. I had gastric bypass surgery years ago and learned this very valuable trick while/after losing 80 lbs. I finally had to go shopping , but it saved a lot of $$$$ till I got to my size 8/10.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »
Another way would be NOT to look at it as a diet. Diets DO NOT work, gotta overhaul lifestyle.
Why do I say that? Because one can not diet forever.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 11:35:28 AM »
Wingman..tell Mrs. Wingman that if she sews, I do, she can take in her pants to fit nicely, just gotta take them in from the inside seams, not the outside seams, then they do not distort in size. If not..have fun shopping. I had gastric bypass surgery years ago and learned this very valuable trick while/after losing 80 lbs. I finally had to go shopping , but it saved a lot of $$$$ till I got to my size 8/10.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Pam, oh she sews... two trips to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah in the last 3 years (some of her work).  She has indicated that she will be taking clothes in.  But we both need new clothes anyway, so as you pointed out, it will be to get us to the end of the diet which I expect will be in 3-4 months.  My goal is 50 pounds.  By then I hope to have achieved an "overhauled lifestyle" as 1Bigg_ER pointed out.  My biggest adjustment will be knowing when to put the fork down; my wife's cooking is so good it's a chore not to eat more.  I mean I struggle with it.  We laugh about it now, but one time after we were first married 43 years ago she served us fried beef shins.  Needless to say, we ended up ordering pizza.
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 01:53:00 AM »
Very good job Wingman,I missed that post,Kudos to you and the Mrs!!!

Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline happyappy

• Go Apps!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 11:38:39 AM »
Congratulations to all the folks having success fighting personal expansion.  I let myself go for too long and recently dedicated myself to healthier eating and weight reduction.  I'm down just over 20lbs in 5 weeks mostly by cutting out junk food and empty calories.  I use MFP to track my food religiously which really brings home how much more food you can enjoy if you eat smart.

My favorite substitution is zoodles (noodles made from zucchini) for pasta.  Two cups of zoodles have 66 calories, 12 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of fiber compared to 2 cups of traditional pasta with 480 calories, 90 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber.  The kicker for me is I actually like the zoodles better!

The hard part is making these healthy choices a new lifestyle while surrounded by foods that aren't.  BTW...meats cooked on my pellet grill are definitely a healthy choice!
Camp Chef Pellet Grill
BEESR
Cook Air Grill
Weber Genesis
Barrel House Cooker