Author Topic: Just got home from a gun show and.....  (Read 4868 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Just got home from a gun show and.....
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 10:15:39 PM »
Oh yeah!

You have the magic barrel! Your gonna love it!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 10:53:51 PM »
Great score but I'm still waiting to see what you brought home from the gun show???? ;)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
Great score but I'm still waiting to see what you brought home from the gun show???? ;)

For the first time in my life I walked out of a gunshow without buying anything. The main reason I went is a friend of mine was looking to buy a gun for self defense and wanted me to go along to make some recommendations.  He found a great deal on a Ruger 9mm with laser.  I looked at the bulk ammo and there wasn't any great deals on it, this being a very small show and not many dealers.  I find better prices at the bigger shows in town, like the one coming up in three weeks, and I buy my ammo there.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 11:25:16 PM »
Congrats LVC - she's a beauty!!  Really looking forward to seeing your cooks!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
Congrats man.  Can't wait to see some killer grub come off of that.

me too
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline grossie

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
Woot!
Welcome to the PBC club.
PBC
Cabela's Ultimate Cookstation
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 11:12:26 AM »
Congrats!    I'm waiting til I have a little more $$$$ before I pull the trigger on another grill.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
Congrats!    I'm waiting til I have a little more $$$$ before I pull the trigger on another grill.

When you do you won't be disappointed in this one.  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 02:12:32 PM »

It's getting Kimmie to let go of the $$$ for me to get one
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »

It's getting Kimmie to let go of the $$$ for me to get one

If you can find someone near you that has a PBC and cook some chicken in it, I bet she'll let go of $$$ for one.  ;)

Mrs. LVC (Kris) finally spotted my PBC yesterday (Monday), it had been sitting on the patio since it was delivered on Saturday.  I got the "What the hell is THAT" questioning routine again.  Once she ate the PBC chicken last night there was no more questioning about it.  She loved the chicken so much and wanted to make sure there was enough to take to work today for lunch.  I got away with this one without having to buy a bouquet of flowers. Now had I brought something home from the gun show that would have been a different matter.  :P
----------------------

Offline 4cornersmoker

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »
Congrats on the PBC. It cooks everything perfectly. You are going to have fun with it.
18.8 Weber one touch, 22.5 Weber Performer,18.5 WSM, Weber go anywhere, smoky joe Bronc smoker, med green egg, & PBC. Hasty Bake 414, The Good One Open Range.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »

For the first time in my life I walked out of a gunshow without buying anything. The main reason I went is a friend of mine was looking to buy a gun for self defense and wanted me to go along to make some recommendations.  He found a great deal on a Ruger 9mm with laser.  I looked at the bulk ammo and there wasn't any great deals on it, this being a very small show and not many dealers.  I find better prices at the bigger shows in town, like the one coming up in three weeks, and I buy my ammo there.

I hear you on the ammo prices, I haven't been picking up much of anything at the local shows lately either.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 01:02:07 AM »

I hear you on the ammo prices, I haven't been picking up much of anything at the local shows lately either.

It's about time to look into reloading our own.  ;)
----------------------

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
I do reload already and it does save money after the initial investment but even components are getting to high these days. The biggest advantage though isn't price it's the ability to fine tune your rounds to your weapons and your purposes and there is something relaxing about producing your own ammo.