Author Topic: PBC Chicken  (Read 9060 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: PBC Chicken
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »
Looks great. I just sent an e-mail to them to see what it costs shipped to Canada.

Hope they don't hit you too hard with the shipping costs, you're gonna love the PBC cooking experience.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »
Man looks good, giving me a hanker'n  for chicken tonight

Yeah buddy, PBC chicken is the next best thing to fried chicken.  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »
Wonder how it would be up against an SRG chicken?

Season and treat them both the same then cook to see which is better.   Tim, bring your PBC to the cookout for a head to head chicken roast!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »
Wonder how it would be up against an SRG chicken?

Season and treat them both the same then cook to see which is better.   Tim, bring your PBC to the cookout for a head to head chicken roast!

That's gonna be a close race, I know that my BEESR roasted chicken is one of the best too as well as the ones I've done in the Traeger.  All three methods produce great roasted chicken, hell even my countertop Cuisinart rotisserie does a great job, only thing it cannot do is the smoke flavor of the outdoor units.  :)
----------------------

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
IMHO the Big Easy chicken I make comes in a close second but the PBC chicken is better. The PBC is my goto chicken cooker.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
IMHO the Big Easy chicken I make comes in a close second but the PBC chicken is better. The PBC is my goto chicken cooker.
Muebe..now why did you say that? I don't have room for a PCB.  Your killing me here.  lol. I have real good results with the SRG, TBE and BEESR by hanging my chickens. Like it better than the basket. I hang from either side of the wishbone and hang them from a rotisserie rod laid across the cooker.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 12:34:05 PM »
Muebe..now why did you say that? I don't have room for a PCB.  Your killing me here.  lol. I have real good results with the SRG, TBE and BEESR by hanging my chickens. Like it better than the basket. I hang from either side of the wishbone and hang them from a rotisserie rod laid across the cooker.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

I see some room in that list of yours, you haven't maxed it out yet. ;)
----------------------

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »

I see some room in that list of yours, you haven't maxed it out yet. ;)
SHHhhhhhhh  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »

I have to agree - when I want to make the whole chicken. But, I still like my SRG best for wings - dead easy and always perfect (well after a few charcoal lumps.... ::) ::) ::)) I think it is because the skin just gets a bit more crispy and I am going to use a sauce - so the charcoal flavor is not a big deal. But on a whole bird - can't beat the PBC!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Hub

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »
I've done a few other things in my PBC, but I keep going back to it over and over and over when it comes to non-competition chicken (half birds, usually).  It is so easy!   Love it  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »

I have to agree - when I want to make the whole chicken. But, I still like my SRG best for wings - dead easy and always perfect (well after a few charcoal lumps.... ::) ::) ::)) I think it is because the skin just gets a bit more crispy and I am going to use a sauce - so the charcoal flavor is not a big deal. But on a whole bird - can't beat the PBC!

Doc I used to agree until I started leaving the lid off the last 5 minutes or so. Or also cracking the lid the last 10 minutes. The legs get a crispy skin and a beautiful color in the PBC. And great charcoal flavor. I do however use my Big Easy basket and leg racks in my PBC so in a way they kind of are Big Easy/PBC hybrid legs also ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline 4cornersmoker

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Chicken looks perfect. We have done several since we got the PBC about a year ago. It is the favorite way for fixing chicken these days.
18.8 Weber one touch, 22.5 Weber Performer,18.5 WSM, Weber go anywhere, smoky joe Bronc smoker, med green egg, & PBC. Hasty Bake 414, The Good One Open Range.

Offline nylic76

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »
I will not buy another grill, I will not buy another grill, I will not buy another grill, I will not..... Ralph, you're making it difficult for me to stick to my guns.  Good looking vittles my friend.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »
I will not buy another grill, I will not buy another grill, I will not buy another grill, I will not..... Ralph, you're making it difficult for me to stick to my guns.  Good looking vittles my friend.

You know what they say about subliminal messages, the more you say to yourself you're not going to do it, the more likely you will do it. So don't waste any time just click on the Pit Barrel Cooker link above and place your order.  ;)
----------------------

Offline grossie

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 07:52:55 AM »

I don't have the SRG, but my TBE and BEESR were my favorite for wings, until the PBC. I found the skin gets crispier and I love the combination grill/smoke effect. I've actually prefer them dry now. I just salt, pepper, garlic powder, and add a touch of Habanero Death Dust. I'll toss them if someone else wants them sauced.

Maybe I wasn't doing them quite right in TBE???
PBC
Cabela's Ultimate Cookstation
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR