Author Topic: My first cook on PBC...  (Read 4482 times)

Offline blivit

Re: My first cook on PBC...
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 02:47:21 AM »
I still marvel at how simply the PBC works...and works AWESOME...

My wife throws a fit if I try to cook chicken on any other grill we own....( I have 6 different cookers) THAT says a lot for the flavor.  And - don't you love how the chicken cooks very evenly from top to bottom?
I really can't believe how evenly it browned, I'll be curious to hang some ribs in there and see if it is as even!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
Very nice - good for you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »

My wife throws a fit if I try to cook chicken on any other grill we own....( I have 6 different cookers) THAT says a lot for the flavor.  And - don't you love how the chicken cooks very evenly from top to bottom?
I really can't believe how evenly it browned, I'll be curious to hang some ribs in there and see if it is as even!
Dont hang the whole ribs,cut in half.And jump right in!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline kranknhank

• Im new to smoking so put up with me if you can.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
Well done. fill me in with details how long cook time and which rub?Thanks Hank
PBC                                                                                          732 and a thermopop                                                                               7416 rapidfire chimney starter

Offline blivit

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 12:13:02 AM »

Totally agree, did my first ribs this weekend and they were overcooked.  I don't agree with the timeframe for pulling ribs by the company.  I should have pulled em at around 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 hours.  I will say that even though they were overcooked, they tasted fantastic!

Well done. fill me in with details how long cook time and which rub?Thanks Hank

I cooked em for 2 hours and I used the PBC all-purpose rub.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 01:00:06 AM »

Totally agree, did my first ribs this weekend and they were overcooked.  I don't agree with the timeframe for pulling ribs by the company.  I should have pulled em at around 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 hours.  I will say that even though they were overcooked, they tasted fantastic!

Yep, I had the same experience, good thing I checked mine at the two hour mark because they were done.  At least they weren't over cooked except for a couple of bones at the bottom, I didn't cut mine in half, hung the full length rack, but what was done turned out really good flavor and texture.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 07:10:07 PM »
Times vary widely,mine are about 4 hours here for ribs.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.