Author Topic: Sam's Club Closing  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Roget

Re: Sam's Club Closing
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
I sure hope they don't close our Sam's club. We do 70% of our grocery shopping there. It is only 8 minutes from our house.
We do another 20% at Walmart, which is only 7 minutes away. The balance of our grocery shopping is split between Kroger, Fresh Thyme, & the like.
Fresh Thyme is opening a second store in our town (was originally supposed to be a Whole Foods, but they wussied out ;D)
I personally like big box stores. I wish we had a Costco, but that probably will never happen.
We do sometimes drive to Indy to shop, usually hitting one of the Gordon Food Service stores, but can't see getting a Costco membership. (It's a 1 hour drive from home.)
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline DWard51

Re: Sam's Club Closing
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:53 PM »
They closed one near us, but I still have 2 more in easy driving distance (1 still open is my "home" store) and there is one of the nicer ones right next to my office.  The one that closed was in the area of what I would call a "declining mall" to put it politely.

They did close all of the WalMart Express stores though.  All of those in GA were in smaller communities which lacked options in the first place.  That sort of sucks for those who lived there.