Author Topic: Best Ever Chicken Wings and Tator Tots on the Air Fryers  (Read 2116 times)

Offline tomcrete1

Best Ever Chicken Wings and Tator Tots on the Air Fryers
« Reply #-1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »
The Best Ever Chicken Wings and Tator Tots on the Air Fryers

Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Best Ever Chicken Wings and Tator Tots on the Air Fryers
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »
another great one Tom.........how are the onion tots compared with the regular ones?

Have you done wings on the big easy as before the AF's came out some said the big easy did the best wings. I know you have both so I am interested on what you say on this.  Thanks as always for the time you put into these videos
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:50 AM »
Very nice cooking again Tom!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:43 AM »
another great one Tom.........how are the onion tots compared with the regular ones?

Have you done wings on the big easy as before the AF's came out some said the big easy did the best wings. I know you have both so I am interested on what you say on this.  Thanks as always for the time you put into these videos

Thanks!  Cant compare the Tots because the Onion ones are all I get, I'm sure I've had the regular ones but it was a long time ago.... Comparing Big Easy wings to Air Fryer wings,,,  well if like them smokey the Big easy SRG would win. As far as crispy, ease of cooking and easy of clean up the air fryer would win.  The biggest drawback to the air fryer is capacity, if your looking to do a bunch of wings unless you have one of the bigger models with rotisserie basket ( wife would kill me if I bought another one) then the Big Easy would win.  Either way its personal preference last night after work the wind was howling and it was snowing. The Air Fryer was the perfect choice for good meal   
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 08:19:59 AM »
Very nice cooking again Tom!

Thanks Mike!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 08:36:09 AM »

Thanks!  Cant compare the Tots because the Onion ones are all I get, I'm sure I've had the regular ones but it was a long time ago.... Comparing Big Easy wings to Air Fryer wings,,,  well if like them smokey the Big easy SRG would win. As far as crispy, ease of cooking and easy of clean up the air fryer would win.  The biggest drawback to the air fryer is capacity, if your looking to do a bunch of wings unless you have one of the bigger models with rotisserie basket ( wife would kill me if I bought another one) then the Big Easy would win.  Either way its personal preference last night after work the wind was howling and it was snowing. The Air Fryer was the perfect choice for good meal

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Tom I got to try the onion Tots as I only have had the regular. I do love the idea of the air fryer for all the reasons you brought up. Has to be on my list for 2019. If they get to be the size of an oven they may make the standard oven go the way of the horse & buggy lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Roget

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:39:22 AM »
I do wings in both the air fryer & the BigEasy & as Tom said it is pretty much a wash.
In the summer time probably the BigEasy, but on a day like today (26° & freezing rain & snow) I'll take the air fryer.
They do produce a bit of a different end result (kinda hard to describe) but they are both great for wings.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:01:21 AM »
We have been using our air fryer much more these days. For two main reasons   "baby, its cold outside" and the ease of use with great results...............

those wings and tater tots came out great Tom, got that on the menu for next week.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »
Hey Tom that ALL looked excellent.  How would you compare those wings that were "Stirred" to the legs you have done on the rack in the other air fryer in the past?  Wondering if being stirred in their own fat kept them from getting as crispy as the ones you have previously done on the rack in your other air fryer and if you see a benefit to taking out the stirring mech and using a wire rack in the cooking chamber.  Inquiring minds want to know
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:33:02 PM »
Hey Tom that ALL looked excellent.  How would you compare those wings that were "Stirred" to the legs you have done on the rack in the other air fryer in the past?  Wondering if being stirred in their own fat kept them from getting as crispy as the ones you have previously done on the rack in your other air fryer and if you see a benefit to taking out the stirring mech and using a wire rack in the cooking chamber.  Inquiring minds want to know

X2
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Tom I got to try the onion Tots as I only have had the regular. I do love the idea of the air fryer for all the reasons you brought up. Has to be on my list for 2019. If they get to be the size of an oven they may make the standard oven go the way of the horse & buggy lol

Thanks!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »
I do wings in both the air fryer & the BigEasy & as Tom said it is pretty much a wash.
In the summer time probably the BigEasy, but on a day like today (26° & freezing rain & snow) I'll take the air fryer.
They do produce a bit of a different end result (kinda hard to describe) but they are both great for wings.

I agree!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »

Thanks! Good question!  Actually, I think the stirring in its own grease helped to crisp them up even more. Remember this unit has a heating element on the bottom that heats the grease and may actually fry it alittle bit.
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 02:42:20 PM »
We have been using our air fryer much more these days. For two main reasons   "baby, its cold outside" and the ease of use with great results...............

those wings and tater tots came out great Tom, got that on the menu for next week.

Thanks Smoke!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle