Author Topic: Chili Cheese Dogs  (Read 4462 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Chili Cheese Dogs
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 11:04:19 PM »
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 12:12:49 AM »
Now I am craving chili dogs!

Me too!   :thumbup:
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:48 AM »
Well I made it through the night, lol! I didn't even get heartburn and I didn't suffocate my wife either :P

I may have to make these again soon. Next time I do, I'll try to put some measurements to the chili "sauce" I made and post it.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RAD

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 11:17:28 AM »
Look what made it's way here. Feels like home

Love to cook and eat

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 11:29:17 AM »

Other than that . . . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RAD

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »
Some of the best dogs made.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 12:08:01 PM »
Looks great - I'd like two please  :D
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline DWard51

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 04:27:41 PM »
It felt like a Sahlen's night so I had Stephanie (Mrs. RG) go by Publix and pick up a pack of Sahlen's and some split top buns. While she was there she spotted a bag of Nathan's Crinkle fries. These fries are like double cut, fat crinkle fries. I've never eaten at a Nathan's Hot Dog so I guess maybe this is the type of fry they sell? I deep fried them in Crisco and seasoned them with Lawry's Seasoning Salt. For the dogs, Steph Kegged them and I earlier today made some hotdog chili by winging it, turned out excellent and along with a little mustard, ketchup, cheese and onions made a darn good dinner! Take a look!

So where did you find Sahlen's dogs around here?  Does your Publix have them?  I thought Barker's Red Hots was about the only place to buy them (for home use) in Atlanta?

Offline Roget

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »
V & I have been doing dogs quite often lately.
One of her favorite meals, ... me not so much.
But sometimes they just sound better than anything else.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline RG

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 12:14:43 PM »
It felt like a Sahlen's night so I had Stephanie (Mrs. RG) go by Publix and pick up a pack of Sahlen's and some split top buns. While she was there she spotted a bag of Nathan's Crinkle fries. These fries are like double cut, fat crinkle fries. I've never eaten at a Nathan's Hot Dog so I guess maybe this is the type of fry they sell? I deep fried them in Crisco and seasoned them with Lawry's Seasoning Salt. For the dogs, Steph Kegged them and I earlier today made some hotdog chili by winging it, turned out excellent and along with a little mustard, ketchup, cheese and onions made a darn good dinner! Take a look!

So where did you find Sahlen's dogs around here?  Does your Publix have them?  I thought Barker's Red Hots was about the only place to buy them (for home use) in Atlanta?

Yes Sir, Publix has them. I think I need to get some soon, I might try to reproduce that chili but I never wrote what I put in it down :(
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline DWard51

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »

Yes Sir, Publix has them. I think I need to get some soon, I might try to reproduce that chili but I never wrote what I put in it down :(
[/quote]

Ok, I'll check the one at Hwy 212 in Conyers next time I'm over that way. I'm about midway between Conyers and McDonough and shop in Conyers often.  If I can't find them I'll hit you up for the store you found them at.

Thanks

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 10:24:27 PM »
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RG

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 07:31:11 AM »

Ok, I'll check the one at Hwy 212 in Conyers next time I'm over that way. I'm about midway between Conyers and McDonough and shop in Conyers often.  If I can't find them I'll hit you up for the store you found them at.

Thanks
[/quote]

You'll find them there. I've bought them there twice now ;)

Offline DWard51

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »

You'll find them there. I've bought them there twice now ;)

Awesome!!!!  I first got hooked on them at a buffalo wing place in Forest Park back in the 1980's.  They only used Sahlen's and had to have the shipped in back then.  For those who have never tried one, I recommend them.  A little pricey compared to Oscar Meyer and other more common dogs, but these are the old school real deal with a unique flavor.  They are addictive too!!!

Dang, I can't remember the name of that wing place.  They had buffalo wings before anyone else around here (way before they caught on). They were on Hwy 54 up near Thurmond Rd. Getting old sucks......