Author Topic: PK 360 grill  (Read 1614 times)

Offline broilmaster45

PK 360 grill
« Reply #-1 on: September 05, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
Anyone have the new PK 360 grill?  What are the results?  Is it better for two zone cooking (indirect) or direct grilling?  Is the charcoal grate too close to the cooking grate (resulting in burnt food)?  Does it work better with charcoal briquets or lump?
Broilmaster P3 (45,000BTU)
Broilmaster C3 (Charcoal)
BGE (green egg) medium
Napoleon infra-red portable
Weber Mastertouch
Weber JJ
Weber SJS
Weber charcoal/gas go-anywhere

Offline rexster314

Re: PK 360 grill
« on: September 05, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »
I became the proud owner of a PK360 in February. In my opinion, if you want a charcoal burner, this is the one to get. Craftsmanship is second to none. Well thought out design, especially the airflow system. Everything in it is bulletproof. Grates are heavy stainless steel. Dual Zone cooking is easier in the 360 than the original PK grill that I have also. You have to intentionally burn your stuff on the grill. I've used KBB, Royal Oak, and lump. I use briquettes mostly as the bags of lump are too big for me to store. Drawback is the need to dust out the ash because you'll use the grill more. But get a large paintbrush so you can dust out the ashes, and a bucket of some sort to catch the ash as you dust it out through the cleanout hole.

If you get the 360, you won't be sorry.
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline broilmaster45

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:22:56 PM »
How close is the cooking grate to the charcoal?  I guess with lump charcoal there would be less room, as lump is bigger.  Did you get the charcoal basket?  Apparently the charcoal should not touch the sides of the PK 360.
Broilmaster P3 (45,000BTU)
Broilmaster C3 (Charcoal)
BGE (green egg) medium
Napoleon infra-red portable
Weber Mastertouch
Weber JJ
Weber SJS
Weber charcoal/gas go-anywhere

Offline rexster314

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »
How close is the cooking grate to the charcoal?  I guess with lump charcoal there would be less room, as lump is bigger.  Did you get the charcoal basket?  Apparently the charcoal should not touch the sides of the PK 360.

Distance from the grate to charcoal level depends on how you stack the charcoal once it's lit. No to the basket. I will bring up the charcoal on one end, touching the sides. PK has a 10 yr warranty on burnouts. I'm not worried
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline 70monte

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:05 PM »
I have a PK 360 as well as an original style PK.  The PK 360 does both direct and indirect cooking very well and it's easy to dial in temps and keep them there.  It is also very miserly on fuel.  I do have the PK charcoal baskets and use them on every cook.  They are very heavy duty and will probably last as long as the grill.

It is kind of expensive but will last a lifetime.  They are $100 off the sticker price until the 24th of September.

Wayne
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range