Author Topic: Scooter talk with RG - Tune in from 2:00 to 2:01 daily  (Read 4608 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Scooter talk with RG - Tune in from 2:00 to 2:01 daily
« Reply #-1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
As some of you know I am a 2-Wheeled enthusiast. I started off as a kid on different motorcycles that were around the house at the time. Having one of my older brothers be a gear head helped facilitate that I suppose. We seemed to always have something running and if not, had friends with motorcycles that we could usually talk into letting us ride.

I went a long time without getting another bike, I had talked about it many times but just never went through with it. There used to be a whole lot more places to ride dirt bikes than there is now and the idea of street bikes scared me. Just being honest. It wasn't that I was afraid of my ability to ride one but rather the folks in cars around me not seeing me and pulling out in front of me or into me. I've had friends be involved in motorcycle accidents, one even died.

Back in February of this year, I finally decided to put my fear aside and buy a motorcycle. I got my "M" endorsement and began to ride. I ended up selling that bike and bought a new one with safety features like traction control and ABS and I have to say, I really enjoy riding. The bike I bought is capable of astonishing acceleration but I baby it for the most part. I have my spirited moments but in no way have I come close to what it's capable of. Maybe 40% but that's fine. I like knowing it's there I guess ;) It was the same way back when I had my Mustang. I never got over 100mph in it but I knew that if I needed to GO, it was ready, lol.

One part of riding for me is to make silly little videos and find spots to take pictures. I bought a tank bag to hold my DSLR and I try to find spots to pull off and snap a picture or 10. I usually try to include the bike in the picture as well as I do like it quite a bit. Some find it hideous but I like the way it looks. It is more than just transportation, it's freedom. I can't explain how serene and at peace I feel riding down back roads on it, listening to music in my helmet via bluetooth while also hearing the growl of the exhaust. It's just like heaven to me. The sights I see from a 2 wheeled vantage point, the temperature changes from warm to cool to cold and back. The smells of the road and the woods, sometimes leaves burning or someone smoking or grilling. It's all part of the experience and I have to say, I'm hooked!

I don't have much longer before it will be too cold (for me) to ride but I may pop in here and there and add pics and videos to this thread. I may even add some food pics of restaurants that I may end up at on my jaunts about the countryside. For now, I'll leave you with a nice picture I took yesterday on the side of a country road. I liked the leaves that had fallen and thought it'd make a nice wallpaper for my desktop PC :)

Here's a short video taken right after I got back on the bike after that pic above. I did misbehave slightly so be forewarned :P

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Scooter talk with RG - Tune in from 2:00 to 2:01 daily
« on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »
Love the area your riding at.  The end of the video you were  a bad boy.  Lol.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
I know the feeling RG except for me it is on the water
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »
I was waiting for throttle up...
It has a nice growl - not the whiny scream you get with the smaller bikes. I like it.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline RG

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:17:14 PM »
It's a fun hobby for sure! I do love that sound Jack ;) The throttle up is toward the end of the video BTW :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 07:51:24 PM »

I'll be on the Dark Horse tomorrow, headed to my daughter's for Thanksgiving.

BTW, there was no link to video, at least for me.

Stay Safe ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »
Hmmmm.....I know Sparky and Jaxon saw it. ?????

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »

BTW, there was no link to video, at least for me.

No link...video is imbedded so that you can just click on it without leaving LTBBQ ;)

RG - I have ridden and owned a few bikes. One of my favorites was a Yamaha Virago 920. Had the electronic gauges - which were "new technology" at the time ;D.....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 05:35:00 AM »
I went a got some lunch yesterday and afterwards took a ride to see my wife at work. I found a nice little road on the way there that makes me wish I lived in the mountains. Curves are what this bike is made for. I know it's hard to tell but there is a sign that "suggests" 15mph and I took them with utter ease at 45. I was not stressing the limits of the bike at all, it fell into those turns like butta! I need to get up to the tail of the dragon in the spring!

Offline RG

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »
Had a kamikaze squirrel try to take me out on the way out of my sister's subdivision, lol.

He can be seen at around the 1:12 mark. He lived to tell about it thank goodness ;)

Offline RG

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »
Well, I did it. I went and ordered another action cam. The wife is unaware so we'll see if I can keep it under the radar, lol. The cameras I've been using in my handful of videos are okay but I wanted one that does a better job. My riding season will be over soon so I do hope to get a couple of more rides in before I take the bike in for its first service and then home to sleep for the winter.

The camera comes in tomorrow sometime so stay tuned for a video or 2 and I may even sneak in a few food pics from whatever restaurant I stop at ;)

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
Don't you just loves getting packages? My camera came in today. My wife is going to be gone most of the day tomorrow so I think I'll pass the time by testing it out on the bike!

I am going to attempt to use the other 2 cams with it and make a split screen video. The Sony on the handlebars, one on a helmet and maybe one facing backwards somehow. We'll see how it goes, lol!

Offline RG

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 02:44:37 AM »
This thread is about as active as Senior Limbo Night. I guess that's what I get for posting about motorcycles on a BBQ forum, lol :P

I guess it's to be expected when the sub forum itself only has 3 pages of posts in its existence.

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »
I was just tuning in to see the split screen video!! 

Still waiting.......... :D :D
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
I was just tuning in to see the split screen video!! 

Still waiting.......... :D :D

LOL! Thanks Bob! I'm working on it! I'm not very good at it so it seems. Still learning.